Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corrissa
Curious June 2022 Ontario

First dance and walking down the Aisle songs

Corrissa, on June 25, 2020 at 22:36 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20
I’m going back and forth if I should walk down the aisle to this song or make this our first dance song. Can’t help falling in love - Haley Reinhart cover.. What’s your first dance song and what song are you walking down the aisle to?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 2, 2020 at 21:31
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You like the song you chose does represent you personally, go for it. There is no right or wrong when choosing songs for your day. We all make decisions upon our criteria (genre, artist, year, etc.) to be finalized.

We chose the classics (popular) songs that meant a lot to us agreed.

The aisle song was Indian chosen by myself

First dance song and now Anniversary is Truly Deeply Madly by Savage Gardens

Mother & Sons Dance was A Mother's Song by Jim Brickman

• Brittany
    Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am walking down the aisle to Kiss the Girl from the little mermaid. And our first dance is Lover by Taylor Swift
  • L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking down the aisle to Drowning by the Backstreet Boys. First dance will probably be Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden, because that's one of the only songs my fiance and I both like, lol.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! LOVE LOVE the Crazy Rich Asians scene with that song, totally brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you! We are hoping to learn the Viennese Waltz to it - I have seen so many amazing youtube videos of wedding first dances to that song with the Viennese Waltz, I want that! LOL

Both songs would be an amazing choice Smiley laugh

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I absolutely love the Crazy Rich Asians version!! I was actually trying to decide between that and A Thousand Years to walk down the aisle to. That will be a beautiful first dance song too!

• Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is my first dance song but it’s because my husband and I had always dreamed of dancing to this song at our wedding. Even before we met.
    Although my friend walked down the aisle to the same song. I think it all depends on where it fits best. You may find another song you prefer to dance to, or walk down the aisle to.
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m walking down the aisle to I get to love you by Ruelle.
    Our first dance is diamonds or twine by Ryan Hurd
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing !! No I actually have not seen that movie.. I’m going to watch it this weekend! But I did see the clip from the movie of her walking down to the song and I fell in love with it more! I thought her version was super super slow so I was trying to find a faster cover which is why I chose the Haley version because I felt it was a bit faster.
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So beautiful!!!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im walking down to a cello/piano duet of cant help falling in love. Its a beautiful choice. Made my mom cry when I showed her Smiley winking

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this song! My dad and I shared a love of Elvis Presley growing up, and he is a musician so he is going to sing this song for us instead of a usual FoB speech at our reception.

I think it’s a beautiful choice for walking down the aisle - have you seen Crazy Rich Asians Smiley winking?
    I am walking down the aisle to Pachabel Canon in D, and our first dance song is A Thousand Years Pt 2 by Christina Perri.
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that song. I am thinking of it for walking down the aisle as well. We haven't picked a first dance song yet.

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So nice 🥰 yeah we have a couple!! This is one of them.. was just going back and forth with which part of the day to use it for🙃 decisions lol..
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!! 😍
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful 🙂
  • Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh okay makes sense!! That was my problem with the song originally.. it’s super slow! Depending on who sings it, it can sound a tiny bit faster.. so I was more leaning on making it the walking down the aisle song since I feel it might be a bit too slow to slow dance to.. I guess we will just have to test it out to see!!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance song is going to be Amazed by Lonestar. We haven't picked a walking down the aisle song yet

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re walking down the aisle to a vitamin string quartet cover of that same song. It’s a classic.
    Is there a song you both hold close? Or some that speaks to your personalities? That would make a great first dance song.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Listening to this song I can just picture a beautiful bride walking down the aisle being given away by someone special and handed off to the one she will marry 🥰
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love that song! My fiance wanted something faster and shorter so he wasn't in the spotlight the whole time. It would be beautiful for either. Are you ok with a very slow dance song?

We don't have an aisle, but our first dance song is You've Got the Love by Florence and the Machine. Now that we're planning an outdoor ceremony I'm not sure if I'll bother with music or of I'll just save all that for the re-do next year!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics