Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donald
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

First dance

Donald, on May 3, 2019 at 23:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

Ok this one is for the ladies. I'm thinking of making my own music video for the song we are supposed to use for our first dance (tenerife sea by ed Sheeran). Should I surprise her with my version of the song at the first dance? Would that make our first dance even more special or do you think that would ruin our first dance?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on May 7, 2019 at 09:25
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it would make it more special!!! That's my opinion though - I wouldn't care if it was sped up or slowed down, acoustic or electric; I would appreciate it and laugh it off if it was made to be fast or electric and swoon if it was slowed down or acoustic etc.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Donna, if it's a simple, slow, first dance song, your version of it would definitely make it more personal/get your bride's waterworks flowing.

If you're doing anything more coordinated, a heads-up would be best so you can prepare.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are planning on adding a slideshow/video of your photos together to have up for people to see as your song plays I think that’s a great idea!
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Donald,

I think if you are doing a coordinated dance, it's better to let your fiancé know in advance so both of you will be able to prepare and practice the steps to the music. If you're planning to do just a slow dance, then I think it should be alright to use a personalized song that you made! I think it's a very sweet and romantic gesture! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics