Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

First dance

Cassandra, on December 7, 2016 at 08:46

Posted in Wedding reception 50

What song will be your first dance? Is there a story behind it, or just like the lyrics? :$

What song will be your first dance? Is there a story behind it, or just like the lyrics?

Smiley shame

50 Comments

• Amanda
    Frequent user August 2017 Saskatchewan
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance song is going to be Then by Brad Paisley.. it suites us pretty well Smiley smile

Then - Brad Paisley With Lyrics

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Shannon:

We are using a cover version of la vie en rose (in english) that my fiancé loves. He played it for me and danced me around his bedroom when we first started dating.

Aww! Very cute Smiley smile

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using a cover version of la vie en rose (in english) that my fiancé loves. He played it for me and danced me around his bedroom when we first started dating.
  • Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No idea if anyone is religious but I came across this song on accident and I think it's absolutely beautiful and would be so nice in a shorter version as it runs like 8min. Hillsidesong United - Oceans.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah this is why I knew it would just be perfect for us !!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you, it will be great!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a great choice- and suits your wedding style perfectly!

And he proposed to it, which is just beautiful. You get to hallmark several big events with one song

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Melissa:

Cited message

Written by Valerie:

Cited message

Written by Melissa:

Cited message

Written by Valerie:

Cited message

Written by Melissa:

We have had a really hard time finding a song- we love to dance- but not very good with the waltzy sort. And I DO NOT want to be the couple who just sways in the middle of the room for their first dance...it is tedious to watch!

We have been thinking of doing "your song" by Elton John- FH heard it on the radio and suggested it last week. The lyrics suit us, it is a little upbeat and we both like it- It is the leading contender now.

We did have a list of others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. That probably means they weren't great picks!

Have you chosen your song yet?

HEY!!! What's wrong with that couple that just sways in the middle of the room?!?!? HAHAHA... that's totally going to be usSmiley tongue

Oh dear! Add a few little baby steps? I would feel so awkward having people watch us like that. At least if we move they aren't just staring at us Smiley winking

Ummm... I think they're going to be staring at you regardless Smiley tongue I just super hate dancing (and I'm far too uncoordinated for extra moves lol), but FH wants to do it. I'm going to find a cut down version of whatever song we pick so it's at least not as long... but I'm guests are just going to have to deal! They are welcome to play the board game at their table rather than watch us sway awkwardly HAHAHAXD

Fair enough!

I'm hoping that by being a moving target it will be more difficult to stare steadily.

LOL

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Natasha:

Chris Young- Who I am with you - its always been our song.. he proposed to me while this song was playing ... cant wait to share our first dance to it !

______

LOVE IT! Such a cute song. Perfect 3 minutes too Smiley smile im sure this will be super special for you guys

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Chris Young- Who I am with you - its always been our song.. he proposed to me while this song was playing ... cant wait to share our first dance to it !

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA let 'em stare!!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fair enough!

I'm hoping that by being a moving target it will be more difficult to stare steadily.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ummm... I think they're going to be staring at you regardless Smiley tongue I just super hate dancing (and I'm far too uncoordinated for extra moves lol), but FH wants to do it. I'm going to find a cut down version of whatever song we pick so it's at least not as long... but I'm guests are just going to have to deal! They are welcome to play the board game at their table rather than watch us sway awkwardly HAHAHAXD

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Before we were engaged I heard so many songs I thought would be great- and now, so hard!

I'm going to cry- I have just accepted that... wear strong make up, bring touch up gear and embrace your sensitivity! I bet your FH loves that about you anyway Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh dear! Add a few little baby steps? I would feel so awkward having people watch us like that. At least if we move they aren't just staring at us Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HEY!!! What's wrong with that couple that just sways in the middle of the room?!?!? HAHAHA... that's totally going to be usSmiley tongue

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Melissa:

We have had a really hard time finding a song- we love to dance- but not very good with the waltzy sort. And I DO NOT want to be the couple who just sways in the middle of the room for their first dance...it is tedious to watch!

We have been thinking of doing "your song" by Elton John- FH heard it on the radio and suggested it last week. The lyrics suit us, it is a little upbeat and we both like it- It is the leading contender now.

We did have a list of others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. That probably means they weren't great picks!

-----------------

We haven't! Im finding this to be a really hard decision as well. I want it to be preferably under 3 minutes because it will probably be a little awkward lol. Also, I'm super emotional Smiley tongue Smiley cry so I want to choose something I won't cry to haha.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics