Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tessa
Newbie June 2018 Manitoba

First Anniversary Party

Tessa, on June 4, 2019 at 22:47 Posted in Just married 0 6
So me and my partner will be married one year on July 28! Yay! We are wanting to host a backyard bbq party celebrating our 1st anniversary inviting close friends and family (approximately 30) We were thinking of renting a tent, having tables and chairs set up and decorating it. Followed by fireworks and having some drinks around the fire. I haven’t really heard of very much people throwing a party for their 1st anniversary, so I’m a little nervous as what others might think? Would you attend if you were invited? Is this a cute idea?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 13, 2019 at 09:26
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anything is possible to do that you want. There isn't anything wrong with a backyard BBQ for the occasion. Celebrating with family is nice and to cut the top tier of the cake (reserved for the timing). I would definitely come as a invited guest.

We just celebrated with my parents and that was it. Simple lunch and cake at home.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely a cute idea and I would definitely attend if I were invited!

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a super cute idea! Especially if you invite your bridal party, it's like a little reunion!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the sound of a first anniversary party and I'd totally go to one if I was invited!! I think close friends and family would definitely come out and celebrate your first year of marriage!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me personally, I would probably only attend a first anniversary for a very close family member. For just a friend though or a distant family member, I probably wouldn’t.

I like the idea, especially if you’re just inviting those closest to you.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it's more than cute! Perhaps adorable! lol

Did you by chance do a wine box ceremony for your wedding or have guests write notes for each anniversary to come? It would be cool to open them up with your close friends and family that attend Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics