Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Beginner October 2022 Alberta

Finding an Officiant

Maria, on September 9, 2021 at 23:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4

Hey everyone!

We've been so fortunate so far to find what seems to be great vendors for our team to make our dream day come true. The one thing we're really struggling with is how to best go about finding an officiant that works best for us. So far we've been super comfortable messaging all the vendors, chatting with them, and making our decisions, but this just seems different! Neither of us are very religious, and we won't be having a religious ceremony either as we are both from different religions. Funnily, I knew exactly who I wanted to marry me and my future husband back home as he was a priest I knew since I was a young girl and was like an uncle to me. Unfortunately, our jobs brought us across the country, so we are now looking for suggestions and any experiences others may have had! TIA Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on September 11, 2021 at 16:54
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thank you! I'll definitely look into that!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement!

Its great to hear you have build your vendor team as much as possible. Keeping in touch and knowing they are working with you is peace of mind. As for the Officiant search, try allseasons.com site and you can find one that is non religious to work to what you both feel is important towards your service and time frame. They have reviews too to know if you are comfortable to go ahead with them.

• Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Amanda! That's comforting to hear! Been going with our gut so far and it's been working so hopefully our fortunes will continueSmiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maria! Congrats on the engagement! And that's wonderful that you've been able to find great vendors!

My fiance and I are getting married in Kelowna BC but live in Edmonton AB. We were in the same boat when looking for an officiant since we're both not religious either. It was very difficult not being able to get together with people in person to see if they would be a good fit. But we were recommended by our venue a few of their best ones that they've had for other weddings. So we started with that and even looked at all of the reviews online and such. When I had emailed our potential Pastor, he had given us a package with all of his information on what he does and all of the different kinds of weddings he does Traditional based Wedding and Contemporary based Wedding etc. We knew right after we had read the packages he has to offer, we wanted to have him conduct our wedding. I always say to go with your gut!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics