Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janelle
Newbie October 2019 Ontario

Finally engaged to the love of my life

Janelle, on January 10, 2018 at 22:45 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Looking on tips for affordable suits and wedding Wear in Ottawa Ontario. Thanks in advance!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Whitney, on January 22, 2018 at 12:06
  • Whitney
    Newbie September 2019 Manitoba
    Whitney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For a wedding I was the maid of honour in, the groom and groomsmen rented with Moore's. I believe there may be some sort of group discount depending on how many of them you get. For my wedding, we aren't doing the traditional wedding attire and the wedding party I was in prior to the last one had gone with beach attire (white button-up shirts with beige shorts) so that's my one and only firsthand experience with the traditional suits/wedding dresses.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is renting his and the groomsmen suits at Tip Top, really good rental, all in for under 200$.

I got my dress at Davids Bridal. I wouldn't recommend them per se. Honestly the dress i got was perfect for me but the customer service has been terrible. I would suggest going in to try to find a dress you like (A few good options under 1K. I found mine for 780) but dont go with expectations for customer service. They dont know what they are selling.

• Allison
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kimberley Wilson's boutique on Beechwood was phenomenal! You get the one-on-one boutique experience (and Kim is the nicest person in the world), but she orders lots of dresses at once, so you get to take it home right away and you get a WAY better deal (I got a Justin Alexander gown for $750 and it retails in other boutiques for over $2k!!). All of her dresses are under $999. I tried Dominique Levesque in Gatineau and just did not have a good experience. There was only one pedestal and they had three brides booked at the same time. Also, the prices were more than KW and the quality was not as nice.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to Dominique Levesque Bridal in Gatineau (there are two - Gatineau has cheaper dresses). I've heard really good things about Morris for suit rentals.

And CONGRATS on the engagement!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For suits you can try any of the regulars (Moores, Tip Top etc) or a tailor. I got my dress at Alliance Bridal in Moose Creek. Fantastic store with great selection and awesome staff.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my dress from with love in kanata, and they have a sample store in Carleton place called renewed with love, I would suggest renewed with love first since they have the lower prices

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics