Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday - your first home together

Joey, on August 16, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Living together 0 7

Tell us the story of your first home with your partner. How did you decide it was time to move in together? Did you choose the house or apartment together? What did/do you love about your first home? Are you planning for your future dream home?

Fiancé(e) Friday - your first home together 1

Photo by Tara Peach Photography in Kelowna

7 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 7, 2019 at 17:06
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was my apartment I was already living in when we met. My fiancée had a suboptimal living situation so she quickly moved in with me, and it was our first apartment together.
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved into our apartment 10 months into our relationship. Two months after moving in together, we signed to get our first house built! It took a bit more than a year to get our house, and now we've been here for almost 6 months. When you know, you know! Now we can't wait to get married and start our family Smiley love

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The move was my part knowing I took my time to make the move.

As we were in the dating process, my husband then made efforts to convince me to move in his home and soon because of the distance and having to leave the dog alone every night. My birthday came around having a party with friends of mine and he was there too, the best gift ever asked for was the gate card to the campgrounds where he lived seeing him anytime I drove down.

6 months down the time, I did make the move and transfer my belongings little by little into the house and having to rearrange the closet and what not. That is when I knew I was ready giving myself a good time in knowing we were ready for this.

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are on the hunt for our first place together at the moment. Previously, it’s always been me having my own apartment or with roommates and he would sleep over, but now we’re getting one together in the next few months!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His parents were selling their family home, so my FH bought a house and they moved in with him. We picked out the house that we liked because once they moved out it would be ours. So they lived with him for about a year and when they moved out I moved in.
    Almost 4 years we have lived together, and we love our little house. We’ve updated a lot in it, but this is not our forever home.
    Waiting to figure out where he will be placed in his new job before we start looking for a new home. We for sure want to move within the next couple years because our house is not big enough for more than one child!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a house! We were dating 6 months and both long distance. With how expensive rent was we decided to buy and go from their

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a house! Smiley laugh

We got engaged Dec. 30th 2017 (10 months into dating) and decided that since we don't have the money for both a house and a wedding we would buy the house first so that we can see what living together is really like. Don't wanna go into marriage with me never have lived with anybody but my parents and sister after all!

Then of course we are strongly against renting (you never see that money back) so we started house hunting! By end of May we found the house and possession took place in July 2018!

We found the house together and it is a fixer upper so that my FH can work on it and hopefully increase the value for when we either sell or if we have enough money we would love to rent it and buy a new house to do the same thing. All of his family has done this until they no longer have a mortgage and just simply own their houses.

Our dream house will definitely not be in the neighbourhood we are currently in (we are in our second option) plus we will need more bedrooms if we want to be having 5 kids!!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics