Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday! - Who gives the best gifts?

Joey, on May 31, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 20

Are you great at choosing the perfect present for your partner? Is your partner always surprising you with just the right gift? Do you drop hints or give a wishlist to help each other out?

What was the last gift you exchanged? What is the best gift you've given your SO?

Fiancé(e) Friday! - Who gives the best gifts? 1

Photo via Lacewood Studios Photography in Moncton

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jenna, on June 3, 2019 at 12:36
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I give the best gifts. I’m definitely a fan of “cheesy” gifts haha I’ve gotten and made her some great ones!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I give the best gifts. I actually choose the gifts for everyone and everything lol. He was absolutely lost when he had to figure out his own gift to me Smiley tongue I also have to do all the wrapping
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I give the best gifts. If he mentions something from a couple months ago I’ll make a note of it and then use that to buy gifts.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like we're equally good at gifts, but maybe he's a little better!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me because I put thought and effort. When he does he’s good too but most of the time he leaves it to the last minute and rushes and it’s not very thoughtful lol
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely me, his family wasn't big on gifts. I try to be thoughtful and creative... but he always gives jewelry (I'm not complaining lol, I love jewelry, but sometimes I wish he would give me something more personal)
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say we’re both equally good and attentive at gift giving and knowing what the other wants/likes!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely my FH!
    He usually sticks to stuff I've been eyeing for a while but are out of my budget, which is really nice.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely me. FH isn't very creative and he stresses himself out.

He usually sticks to like clothes or etc. Which is fine but I'd rather just him not spend the money. For me when I get him something it's because it's really thoughtful usually. And he gets stuck.

I got him a custom wooden watch with I love you to the moon and back engraved on the back and our Initials.

I also got him one of those wanderer coordinate bracelets. He cried once he figured out what it was. He plugged the coordinates in to google, and it pulled up the baseball diamond we met on, down to which side and dug out. Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He is for SURE better at gifts. It always blows me away how he always gets exactly what you want without you even having to tell him or drop hints.

I'm terrible at gifts...

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me for sure.. I'm very thoughtful when it comes to gifts. I'm not normally a creative person but when it comes to giving people stuff - I'm awesome

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, to be fair - I grew up with parents that when they needed something they bought it, and then when it was a birthday or anniversary they chalked it up to "remember when I bought you that?". You buy when you need something, not just because it's a special day. Of course flowers and a card were always given on the specific day but that doesn't include much thought.

For my FH I think I could get away with getting him anything video game related or tool related - but he is the better gift giver. He made me a memory box for my 20th birthday and that was probably the best gift I ever got.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha yes so true!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He’s happy because I’ll be deciding all of the gifts haha
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always have to drop hints for FH for gifts, or he takes me out to pick my own gift. So I am always coming up with more creative and different things.

The best gift was the first Christmas one I got from him (we started dating 9 days before so I was not expecting anything). But he got me a little Swarovski penguin, and it was the cutest! I have a slight addiction to penguins, and I didn't even know he noticed!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bwahaha! So he thinks when you're married he doesn't need to give you gifts anymore? Or is he saying he's happy because you'll choose all the gifts from now on?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My FH literally said to me before Mother’s Day “I’m so happy we’re getting married so I don’t have to think of gifts anymore”! 😂😂
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol. He doesn’t know what to get me so I always have to tell him what I want. When he does think for himself it’s always a bunch of stuff that doesn’t even go together. I love him tho. But when it comes to gifting he’s the worst lol
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie on this one! He is very similar or just doesn't do the whole gift giving at all...

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is always lost when it comes to gifts. I usually help him out with gifts for anyone.

Usually, I’m pretty good with gifts for him. I just give him stuff the will actually use and it’s worked well so far!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics