Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday - How have you changed since knowing your partner?

Joey, on July 5, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

Has your SO rubbed off on you? Are you more into travel? Better at staying healthy? Have you taken up a new hobby? Have you learned a new language?

How has being with your partner changed you?

Fiancé(e) Friday - How have you changed since knowing your partner? 1

Photo by Tejas Easwar Wedding Photography in Toronto

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on July 21, 2019 at 23:35
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely travelling more, learned how to cook more, gained some weight together lol.

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé has such a free sprit and worries about nothing! Lol. I’m not like that. My mind often strays at the smallest little thing. Being with him is just calm - I don’t worry much. I always ask him “do you think I should get worked up over...?” And it’s always ‘no’. I like it! - Hey, I might include pieces of this statement in my vows 😂
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've definitely learned to take a day and do nothing productive, thanks to my FH! I was one of those people who always had to be doing something productive (school and wedding DIY haven't helped!) but since meeting him, I took a day every 2 weeks to be lazy, watch TV, and enjoy each other's company without having to worry about accomplishing something.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good topic for Fiancé Friday.

Not only did I change, my husband before marriage was worse than now. His ways was somewhat controlling or anger issues over small things about me doing something or us going somewhere. As time went by, I actually made him change a lot in the views he never saw and agreed to do the same as me when it was closet spring cleaning or comprising on things I didn't see his way or my way. Communication was the biggest thing and now its better with understanding how we can talk rather than getting upset.

The one thing I am learning is to sailboat and what goes into the process or getting the licence (not sure when) and knowing to drive it safe and components of a safe trip. I have gone with him now many times and getting used to what will be life on the water with our kids (dogs) prepared with food, water and any other essentials needed. In return, he compromises to come to my family or our friends on the weekends when we need to without complaining.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooh I like this one. I am for sure more outdoorsy and adventurous. Since meeting FH I have done some intense hikes, kayaked and snow shoed! Activities I never considered before. I also watch a lot less Netflix.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is an amazing photographer. I have always done it, but didn’t have a super great camera. He has taught me so much and I have become a much better photographer.
    I love travelling as well but had never been on a plane since meeting him. I have now been on a plane over a dozen times to travel places.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we have both rubbed off on each other. I am a lot more open with him than I have been. I've also taken up fishing, been to more rock concerts than country concerts, and I have turned him to like country music which is shocking!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say that I have definitely changed since meeting my FH. I’ve become a lot more open about my thoughts and feelings.

I’ve gone from not watching basketball at all to now really enjoying watching it and going to a couple games each year.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say yes- Before I would put layers beyond on my face spent way to much at shoppers lol and now I put minimal on. He has made me so much more comfortable in my own skin since knowing him. He has also taught me how to stick up for myself, before I would let things boil up and wouldn't stand up to anyone didn't matter what it was because didn't like conflict. Him and his family have shown me how to do this and has helped so much

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since being with my FH lots has changed about me Smiley smile

I've gone on a plane, love to travel, like beer now, and with him he has always liked camping but I grew up camping in the summer so that's what I brought to the table!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics