Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

#Fiancé(e)Friday - How do you keep the spark alive?

Joey, on February 22, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

What do you do to keep the magic going between you and your SO? How do you and your partner keep your passion burning? What's the secret to the spark in your relationship?

#Fiancé(e)Friday - How do you keep the spark alive? 1

Photo by Tammy Hoang Photography in Barrie

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sonya, on February 25, 2019 at 23:57
  • Sonya
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Sonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We dont really have anything specific, but I think it’s important to have time together where we don’t discuss wedding planning.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Communication is definitely key, and time alone.

we both live at home still and that just really can put a damper on any kind of romance.

so we try to get away once a month or so together.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A relationship can be easy, if you work at it real hard...does that make sense? haha

Communication is big in our house. We want each other to talk it out, whether it's good or bad. Holding it in won't do you or us any good. I appreciate his ear and his words!

We still flirt, a lot! We surprise each other with either gestures ("Don't worry, I'll make dinner/clean up/offer you a ride/pay for that/etc.") or snacks. Sunday mornings are usually our "let's make breakfast together" day.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is so well said and beautiful. Though my fiance doesn't have mental health issues, but I have both anxiety and depression and I am very lucky to be able to lean on him and vent to him. He always wants to know how I'm feeling and never brings judgement. I'm so glad that you two are able to help and support one another in your mental health journeys. Smiley heart Communication and kindness really keeps the spark going.

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, the spark is about listening and understanding. I suffer from depression and my partner suffers from terrible anxiety, so we both understand having mental health issues. We are vocal. When we need alone time, we ask for it. When we are grouchy, we tell each other why. No secrets. If we need something, ask. For us, it's about understanding and kindness paired with good communication. We talk about everything and have the same viewpoints. For us, this unlimited and unwavering commitment to one another makes our love grow stronger each day. Oops, got pretty cheesy there at the end. But for us, it's all about communication and kindness.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find the little things are very appreciated! If one of us is having a rough day/week, the other tries to make it better with a small gesture. Or sometimes we'll randomly throw in a small gesture so the other knows they are appreciated.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think each of us is still kind of surprised to have ended up together after crushing in silence for so long Smiley laugh Tori is right, it's kind of a giddiness... that "I can't believe he actually likes me" let alone that we're getting married. We also make sure we spend one week a night alone together, doing something uber-nerdy. Last Friday we stayed in, put our PJs on right after work, and played Stardew Valley side by side while eating cauliflower pizza and kale chips. It might sound saccharine but it's true... every date night we have is the best night ever.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe the question seems a little silly, but I think you've both given great answers of how you keep the spark alive in your relationships - laughing and joking together, and focusing on each others' love languages is all great advice for keeping your spark from flickering!

For my relationship we show each other we're a priority through small gestures - bringing home a fav soda or a candy bar when we've been running errands, calling each other when we're driving home just to spend a little extra time talking on long days, making each other tea when we're getting one for ourselves... For us the small things add up to a big spark.

Having a solid foundation now and putting in a little maintenance each day can be a hugely important way to make sure the spark never has to be put back in later Smiley heart

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we're at the stage where we have to worry about the spark getting lost, but we do have date days and schedule hangouts during seasons when our lives are busier than normal.

We both share the same love language - quality time, so as long as we make that a focus, I think our spark will be sparked for quite some time.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ummm.... well.... we just love each other...?

I mean, we still get giddy when texting each other so that's good right?

I don't really know, my parents have been together for like 25+ years and they never went on vacations without the kids, never really went on date nights either, and their relationship is my goals so.... You just have to have that giddiness in your relationship and be able to joke around and poke fun at each other.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics