Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday! Are you an independent couple, or a package deal?

Joey, on September 20, 2019 at 08:29 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16

Would you describe you and your SO as independent, or a package deal?

Do you share most of the same hobbies and interests? Have you combined your friend groups? Do you arrange your weekends to make sure you have a lot of time to spend together? Do you love thinking up new dates to go on? Do your friends and family think of you as a package deal (maybe even with your own combined couple nickname)?

Are you each pretty independent? Do you have mostly separate schedules, your own friend groups, and different interests? While you like to carve out a part of the weekend to spend some quality time with your partner, do you each keep your own busy schedules and spend much of your time separately with your own friends, doing your own hobbies, or enjoying some self-care alone time?

Fiancé(e) Friday! Are you an independent couple, or a package deal? 1

Photo by Chris Jensen Studios in Winnipeg

16 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on November 2, 2019 at 19:22
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're pretty independent. Years of long distanceeant that we often spent weekends and holidays apart and that's carried over.

For instance tonight we have separate Saturday night plans!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For DH and I, we're sort of half-half. On the days that we have together, we make time to spend with one another and ensure that the other is treated as a priority. He's more involved with my friends than I am with him, but we're working on that one!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're pretty much a package deal. We go to work and do our thing but otherwise we really just enjoy spending time together so it's a nice balance of time on our own and time together.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are pretty independent we have totally opposite job schedules (that works great for kids) but since I have a have a 6 week rotating schedule and he has set days off we tend to have to entertain ourselves. We do our best to do things together and as a family. (Going to the science center once everybody wakes up today yay)
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are such a package deal lol.
    We definitely give each other our "girl nights" or "Boys nights" with no issues at all, but when it comes to playing sports, and being put on teams, its the two of us or none of us.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're mostly a package deal. We go to the gym together a couple nights a week, we enrolled in a floor hockey league together, we work the same days of the week and get home close to the same time. We genuinely like a lot of the same things so we will watch TV together after work. Though since it's football season now if we don't have family plans or wedding planning activities then I may go to the mall or hang out with a friend or watch TV in a separate room because I cannot do a whole day of football.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're a bit of both - we do have overlapping friend groups, but we also like our separate hobbies and interests.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're definitely a package deal haha

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both are independent yet a package deal too.

We both have different ways to spend time on our hobbies. He likes spending time on the boat when given the time and day. I like to just relax during the weekends or attend functions alone when it comes to family or anything. Its hard enough to get the weekends together unless its Sunday and we would go for breakfast out.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are very independent people, but a packaged deal. I will go to the gym and dinner with my girls from work and he will fish, or there are days when we will do that together.
    We both work the same schedule so when we come home at the end of the day we like to spend that time together.
    Its a nice mix of both! We have our independent times, but we love being together and doing things together
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were both very independent! i’m off monday’s and tuesday’s, he’s off saturday’s and sunday’s, so we’ve had to learn to find our own interests. that being said. when we are together, we’re a package deal! it’s all about balance!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very much a package deal. Which I never imagined would be me, prior to dating FH, I was very independent, as was he. And now we are nearly attached at the hip!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I would say that we are a package deal. It's crazy to think though because I went 19 years without him and him almost 27 without me, but it's true!

We share the same music interests, sports, food, ideals in marriage and families, etc. I guess that's why we are getting married eh?

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have kids (both of whom have significant medical issues), so our schedules revolve around them.
    We both highly value our time together and as a family and try to maximize that as much as possible. My husband is much more extroverted than I am (I am very, very introverted) and he will go spend time with his friends without me occassionally.
    For the most part we share interests (yoga, hiking) so we spend that time together.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm more independent than my FH is. It's just how I am as a person, so while we do have the same friends now through our relationship, we do have different friend groups that we will hang out with by ourselves.

We have more different interests than we do similar interests so, we do spend time apart to do those things.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have combined when comes to one friends group- but we are pretty independent same time. He has his guy time going four wheeling and I like my sushi (he hates it) so I go with friends. We are pretty independent people overall and try to do what we can together

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics