Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Favorite Holiday

Amanda, on May 26, 2021 at 12:51 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19

Is there a certain holiday that you and your significant other really enjoy spending that quality time together ?

For my fiance and I we really enjoy Christmas. It's the one holiday that we're able to see all of our families even if we need to break it up during a couple of days. Christmas is so magical with all the lights and being able to spend it with the people that you love. Christmas holds a very special place in our hearts now since it is the day my fiance purposed to me back in 2017 Smiley heart

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 1, 2021 at 23:35
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful!

• Kelsey
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Halloween, New Year's Eve, and Canada Day.

The three holidays where there is no obligation to see certain people or do certain activities. We can do them our way, whether it's dinner with family, partying with friends, or anything in between

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's wonderful!! Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yesssss, thank you so much Amanda! 💕 Once were married and living together, we will be making our own traditions. I already wrote a few down for us last year and we spoke about them this year.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful that he gets to see that side of your during Christmas and gets to experience your traditions Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a lovely question Amanda.
    Thanks for asking and for us to share.

I don’t think that we have one, or maybe I’m not aware of one. This is a great question to ask him. Hahaha. Since my fiancé’s close family is in another country (DRC), he has been spending Christmas with us for the past 4 years and I consider it special because he get to witness our culture and traditions. Also, we’re both Sagittarius, he is November 27th and I’m December 5th (along with my sister that I am older than by 9 years) so we tend to try celebrate those together. I threw him a surprise once and he threw my sister and I a surprise another time. Hahaha.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a wonderful birthday for the two of you!
  • Anne-Marie
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Anne-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is so hard to pick a holiday. I would say ours is the Civic Holiday in August. His bday and my bday are 3 days apart and our bday weekend always lands on the civic holiday long weekend. We always go up to the cottage and spend our bdays on the lake relaxing together.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are all great movies!

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES!!!! Halloween is my everything! I love coming up with costumes and decorating! I miss Halloween parties with my friends, sooooo much! And movies!!! This year I binged Halloweentown 1-3, Sleepy Hollow, The Craft, Hocus Pocus & Nightmare Before Christmas... as well as 11 Simpsons Tree House episodes!
    I hate horror films blood and guts type films but love haunted houses Smiley xd

This fall we did a masked up corn maze with two of my friends Smiley heart

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're huge Summer people! We have always loved Victoria day weekend because it signaled the beginning of Summer for us - fishing and camping!!! Not technically a 'holiday' people celebrate per say, but our favourite nonetheless.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It really is! Seeing his families Christmas traditions makes me very excited for when we have kids!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful that you're able to celebrate Christmas somewhat of the same way again with your fiance Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also love Christmas! When I was a young child it was always BIG family gatherings for Christmas and it was my favorite. As I grew older things changed and my family grew more distant so I didn't get any big family Christmas celebrations anymore. Now being with my Fiancé his family does the big family Christmas thing and im so happy to have that back in my life (🤞 we can have a big Christmas celebration this year!)
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Halloween used to be one of my favorites! Of course getting older, it has defiantly changed for me. It's more of just another day now. Fall is always a nice time of year. I love when the leaves start changing color

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am OBSESSED with Halloween. Even though I am terrified of horror films, I will sit through and watch a few that I have seen before. I love all the different shows that come out with the Halloween episode, I love the decorations, the candy, the dressing up in a costume and the parties are the best at this time.

Haunted Houses are an other huge thing I love but am completely terrified of. Unfortunately as I have gotten older I have not been able to enjoy it like I used too and also the last year with Covid and no one out so no one hung any decorations its been kind of lame. But I hope this year is different!

I also get the most out of the season of Fall with my fiancé, go to corn mazes, tons of bon fires with friends, snuggle up and watch creepy movies together, decorating the inside of the house, buying a box of candy and just overall enjoying the mood.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so true! I love thanksgiving as well. It's a beautiful holiday with all of the fall colors

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I 100% agree with Samantha totally team Thanksgiving lol, though I do love Greek easter as well for seeing extended family we rarely get to see. Even as a child I was never a fam of Christmas.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH is a Christmas guy, while I've always been more of a Thanksgiving lover. I totally understand the love of Christmas, I just don't like how commercialized it is nowadays which takes away the magic a bit for me. Whereas with Thanksgiving there are no gifts to give or receive and not as much pressure, and is just about spending time with family surrounded by amazing food! I'm also that typical pumpkin spice latte, apple picking, and flannel type of person lol. Just everything about the fall season makes me happy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics