Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Favorite Bridal Shower Games!

Lynnie, on August 11, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

Hi everyone! What are some of your favorite bridal shower games? I feel like it's easy to find cheesy ones, and harder to find good ones (especially ones that aren't overdone!)

My personal favorite is the video version of the newlywed game! One of the bridesmaids asks the groom questions beforehand (and videotapes his answers), you ask the bride on the spot at the shower what her answer to the question is, and then play the video to see if their answers matched up! It's always really funny and a huge hit!

What are some of your favorite bridal shower games?

Photo from Pastel Dress Party - Bridesmaid Dresses & Bridal Accessories

Photo from Pastel Dress Party - Bridesmaid Dresses & Bridal Accessories

Also check out How to Plan a Bridal Shower and 6 Creative Bridal Shower Themes!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 7, 2017 at 23:06
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That one sounds so cool! I like the toilet paper game where they make a dress out of the toilet paper and then the bride picks which is best!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so fun! I have never heard of that. I had two bridal showers and they were both very different. One shower had a bingo game and everyone had to fill out the squares with different items that they think I will receive during the shower. When I opened the gifts they would cross off an item if it was on their bingo card and the first person to call bingo won a prize! It was cool because then people weren't bored while I was opening gifts! The second game was that everybody got a ring at the start of the shower, and nobody could say the words bride and something else (I forget), and if you did and someone caught you, they would get your rings. At the end, whoever had the most rings won a prize!

At my other shower there were a lot of games! We did one where I handed out 3 gifts amongst all the guests, and one of my bridesmaids read a story. It is the left and right story, so it is a story about a wedding, and every time she would say left, you pass the gift to the left of you, and same thing for when she would say right. The people who ended up with the gifts at the end of the story, got to keep them.
    Then we did another one where I handed out one gift to a guest, and then they opened it and got to keep the gift, under the gift there was another gift and a clue, an example of the clue would say "hand this to the person with the biggest purse" and then that person would open the gift and then keep it and read a clue. There were about 15 random items in this so that most people got to open a gift.
    The next game was "what's in your phone" - so you got a list of random items you might find on your phone and they were all worth different points. Some were worth 5 points, some were worth 25. After you checked off what you did have in your phone, the person with the highest amount of points won.
    The next game was an emoticon game. It was a page full of emoji's (emoji Pictionary). They were all emoji's you would find on a phone, and they would have to do with weddings. For example a photo of a flower and a girl, and then you would guess "flower girl". The person who got the most, wins a prize!

We had a couple other games to, I just forget!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That game sounds actually quite fun! We decided to do a wedding social (basically just a get together for us and our guests) instead of just a shower. We will be playing croquet and bocce but none of the typical wedding games.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics