Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Father-daughter dance vs parent or family dance

Meghan, on May 13, 2021 at 15:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

I wanted to see if other people are doing a family dance or other alternatives vs father-daughter dance? I love my dad, but I want to include my mom and stepmom too. So I'm dancing to the song Wind Beneath My Wings by: Bette Midler and dividing the song 3 ways so I can dance with all of them. Just wanted to see what other cool or interesting ideas people have.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on May 14, 2021 at 09:36
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s honestly so refreshing to see what other people are doing or not doing. Ever couple is so unique and different.
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so nice that you are being so thoughtful towards your dad. And my mom is super excited too!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not doing the parent dances at all but it is nice to change it up to make the dances fit to what works for you.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad has literally only danced at his own wedding and just isn't a fan of dancing, so I'm not doing a father daughter dance to spare him the obligation.

He also has some mobility issues so I'm dancing with my mom instead. She's excited about it even though we haven't found a song yet haha

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats beautiful and so thoughtful. I love how you used the words "tribute to how their love inspired yours" So lovely!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're omitting the parental dances. It's not a custom Chinese people are used to and our parents are way too shy and awkward for that kind of thing.

Instead of you the couple dancing with the parents, let the parents dance together for a song. Do it as a tribute to how their love inspired yours kind of thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics