Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2019 Quebec

Father Daughter Dance Songs

Meaghan, on February 21, 2019 at 16:22 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Just wondering what songs people had planned for their fauther/daughter dance?

I really liked Mama’s Song by Carrie Underwood - but obviously the lyrics aren’t quite right..
looking for suggestions!

Thanks Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 5, 2019 at 13:45
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I love that song

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Dad wants to use Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle....I like the words to the song, but its about 5 minutes long. I may see if I can find an alternative that is a littttle shorter

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't asked my dad what he thinks but I like the song because you loved me by Celine dion.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Dad and I are having our 1st dance to the beautiful song "My Wish" I played it for my Dad and we both teared up so we knew that was it. I plan on surprising my Mom with a Mother/Daughter dance. We will dance to Celine Dions "Because you Love me " it supposed to say loved but I'll sing in her ear because you Love me 💗
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing Dizzy Miss Lizzy. Dad used to play it in the car on the way to school and we would sing along. There’s a slightly slower version that John Lennon did with the Plastic Ono Band that we’re using.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH will likely dance with his Mom first as my dad and I plan on ruining everything with this dance hahah!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad and I are dancing to Kind and Generous, by Natalie Merchant. I love the lyrics!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what my parents wedding song was, but either that one or Slow Down by Nichole Nordeman. Or of course, something my Dad chooses!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my dad what song he'd like to dance to and he suggested an opera song to me (I don't know if he was being serious). I would like something more like What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong or My Girl by The Temptations.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LMAO that's a very unique song for a father-daughter dance. I love it!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tough one, if you don’t have anything in mind, I think of my dad when I hear so many songs but the first that comes to my mind is Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. I remember slow dancing with him at a wedding when I was like 7-8 and he told me it was his favorite slow song. But I don’t know for sure yet, it’s just the first to come to mind, I’ll ask his opinion first ofcourse Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t picked a song yet! I love country so I am leaning towards that, but I also think it would be nice to have my dad pick it!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My stepdad and I are thinking “there you’ll be” Faith hill!
  • M
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s awesome! If I had a special song with my dad or if he has requested something I’d totally do it too!
    But we don’t have anything like that - except maybe Bohemian Rhapsody but that’s not really a dancing song haha
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dads only request was that we dance to the Time Warp! Hahah!!! I gotta do it just for him!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics