Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Father/daughter dance

Melanie, on May 27, 2023 at 06:02 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
My father really loves the song butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisle. Says he used to sing it to me when I was a child. Unfortunately, I don't remember so to me it's just another song. Still I was okay to use that song anyone since it has sentimental value to him.... but I realized the song is more than 5 minutes long. Isn't that too long for a dance?

The other option was to record together the song if you love her by forest black. Which brings me to tears everytime. Thing is, he just recently heard I loved her first and it made him cry and now prefers that one. Good lyrics but I don't like the style of the song.
Suggestions on what I should do??

6 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 10:20
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s the same song my fiancée will be dancing with her dad
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s the song that I will be dancing with my dad. I don’t think that 5 minutes is to long
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honour your dad’s wish of the mentioned song. There are so many details you have command over that this small detail - such as a father-daughter dance song - he should have his input in. I showed my dad 4-5 songs and he chose one of them he liked best. My father would sing “I'm dreaming of a white Christmas” all the time when growing up -- not fitting for an August wedding. Tiny detail to hopefully make you laugh. If there is no DJ, have a wedding party member fade the song out for you.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I picked a longer song for our first dance but didn't want to dance to the full song so we found a spot between the 2-3 min mark and asked the DJ to fade out/end the song there.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just remember it is your wedding day and you can dance to whatever song you want with your father!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5 min is a little long not only for the two of you but for your guests to watch.

Is there a song that you remember you both singing to in a car that played on the radio?

I would go through tiktok father daughter songs there are so many options, pick your top ten and go through them together in hopes you both agree to something. It's hard when both have different tastes and each song means something different.

I got fed up with my mother-in-law and father for picking a song, so now we are dancing at the same time to Stand by me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics