Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kendra
Curious June 2017 Ontario

Father/daughter dance

Kendra, on January 20, 2017 at 16:44 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

I am finding it hard to find a song for the Father/ Daughter dance that is not Country music. My dad is 82 years old also so can't have a too lively song.

So any ideas out there for me would be greatly appreciated.Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Chris, on February 22, 2017 at 20:46
  • C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kendra

I am having the same issue. My father is also over 80 and I do not like country. Most of the songs sound like country.

My dad is not very good with computers, typing or the internet but I asked HIM to help me select a father/daughter dance. I thought of waltz as it his era and I can learn before the wedding. I had my brother assist him with interent help.

So far he likes John McDermott "Daughter of Mine". It is not my favourite but I wanted my dad to select the song as it is his song to me and this way he has a say. He will not be with us for much longer but years later when I look back I will always remember that he took time to research and find a song for us that is meaningful to him meant for us.

Perhaps ask him to help you select a song. It may not be the one you want but it wil be a song that your dad would like to dance with you as it has meaning to him.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kendra! Smiley heart

You could also go for a Frank Sinatra song? Smiley smile

Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight Original

What kind of music does your father like? What other songs will be in your playlist? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea Louise! Smiley heart

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about one of the classic greats like Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight or Unforgettable by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole?
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton

Eric Clapton- Wonderful Tonight (HQ)

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to be dancing to 'Isn't she lovely' by Stevie Wonder. Perfect song and sentiment.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Daughters by John Mayer! That's one of my faves but I didn't dance with my father so we went with a different song.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics