Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karitas
Newbie January 2021 Alberta

Family of the groom

Karitas, on November 3, 2017 at 02:35 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7
My FH has no family on his side, how can I make it feel less overwhelming being surrounded by only my Family?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Gooroo, on January 8, 2018 at 03:03
  • Gooroo
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Gooroo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, I’m planning my wedding right now and FH also has a very small guest lists...so I’ve cut mine down to only my closest family and friends- we are simply saying “we are having a small and intimate wedding”...like you I felt that my FH was going to overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people on my side...
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband's parents passed away when he was a kid. His side was smaller than mine. All hus co workers and friends made up for the number of my side od family. He was fiod with that.

I'm sure in the same manner, your FH will appreciate peole he knows and close to him are there for him.
  • Frances
    Beginner February 2022 Ontario
    Frances ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is very unfortunate; but, I know exactly how you are feeling as my fiancé is not close with his family at all! If you have the option of inviting plenty of his friends, do it. It will make him feel a lot better and when it's time to mingle, he will be able to feel comfortable and not only have your family all over him. Maybe some co-workers he is close with is an option as well.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would ask if there are friends or maybe co workers that he has a good rapport with someone to make him feel at least comfortable.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perhaps he has some close friends that are like family. Why don't you discuss it with him. He may not feel overwhelmed at all, but may feel your family is his family.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a similar issue. Hubby ‘s family is MUCH larger than mine. I had my bestie there as part of my family and friends who are like family to me, so that made me feel better.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No family at all? Not even a cousin or something? It might be difficult for him to not feel overwhelmed by your family since they will be the only family in attendance but if they all get along well it should be fine. I assume there will be other guests as well so there is probably going to be a good mix of people he can interact with throughout the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics