Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Newbie September 2024 Ontario

Family member officiant

Taylor, on September 3, 2022 at 18:23 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hiii! My future husband and I are planning on getting married early September, 2024 in Ontario and want his grandfather to be the one to marry us/officiate during our ceremony as he has been a father figure to my FH most of his life and they are like best friends so we thought this would make things extra special for us.
Further looking into it, it seems only a select few are able to officiate. I did read about special exceptions or paying for his grandfather to take a course so he can legally officiate, but there are so many catches I am beyond confused.
I was hoping someone would be able to direct us in who to contact/what we can do so we could have his grandfather officiate. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!❤️

3 Comments

Latest activity by IHerb, on October 18, 2022 at 14:12
  • I
    Newbie December 1976
    IHerb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Without variants....
  • Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend had her cousin speak and marry them while the officiant was present (officiant was standing at the front, just a little off to the side). When it came to signing the contracts it was all the officiant, and the cousin was one of the witnesses. Could ask the officiant if this is something they would be willing to do.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a lot of digging and he would have to take a course and get certified in Canada to be able to be an officiant. Before you could get a one time license but that no longer applies in Canada.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics