Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Newbie June 2020 Alberta

Fake flowers?

Rachel, on June 1, 2017 at 11:52 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13

helloooo, is any one not using real flowers in their decorations? I've been thinking about using fake flowers or not using flowers at all because I have aunts that are allergic to perfume and a lot of flowers. Thanks!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ericabraam, on July 18, 2017 at 05:08
  • Ericabraam
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Ericabraam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same situation as you. Both myself and my sister are allergic to perfumes and flowers really set it off, but I'm going to use real flowers and just take medication in the morning Smiley smile

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have artificial flowers for our bouquets, and real roses in the centre pieces. Costco sells 2 dozen roses for $21.00! My advice is to do what your heart desires and provide the aunts with non-drowsy allergy medication.

• N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using real-touch flowers, and found many web-sites online to buy them cheap by bulk. I've just order a small bundle of mini calla lilies to see the quality. From the videos I've seen on you tube they look and feel real, and will last forever. I looked at the quality of silk flowers at the dollar store didn't like them too much but there are other silk flowers online at good price. My matron of honor used silk and they looked great. Check out Pinterest and You Tube. Can save a lot of money doing your own, that's what I'll be doing

• Angela
    Beginner October 2017 Manitoba
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother used fake flowers and it looked beautiful I'm doing the same. Best of luck love!!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fake flowers are a great option, as is using something completely different! We're thinking of using fake flowers for bouquets and water and fruit centerpieces.

• Kelsie
    Beginner November 2017 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be using silk flowers! i love them Smiley smile you can keep the bouquet forever and it doesn't feel like waste of money to have flowers for one day

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel, so nice to meet you! I think both are good options. Do you already know what flowers you want to use on your big day? Here I send you some inspiration: Fresh Floral-Inspired Wedding Fashion - Inspiration: Elegant Wedding Flower Bouquet - Bouquets: What is your favorite?. Let me know. xx Smiley heart

• Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im using fake flowers for all my decorations, my bouquet will be real though!
  • Katelyn
    Newbie June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our decorator gave us the option for silk or real and we opted for silk, cost wise its saving us big time and you can't tell they're silk 🙃
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Rachel,I'm using silk flowers for our wedding. The best part is that they are scent free and for those who have allergies will not have a reaction. They look just like real ones as well.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can do whatever you please as far as flowers and decorations are concerned. I have seen some great fake flowers made from different materials. They can also add a bit of whimsy to your big day!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got paper flowers from More Paper Than Shoes on Etsy and they were phenomenal! Everyone was talking about them! Paper flowers are great because they're less expensive than real flowers, they're lighter, you don't have to worry about them wilting and you can get whatever colours and styles you want, not just what's in season. And you can keep them afterwards! If you check out the pics section of my profile, I have some photos there so you can see what they look like.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I am using real flowers because I love them! But my MOH used to do silk flower arrangements for all sorts of events including weddings and they were beautiful! It is also easier to get more unusual colours more vibrant in silks if that is important to you. Several of the ladies here have also done paper (origami) flower arrangements that were incredible.

You can certainly use "fake" flowers and have amazing decorations! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics