Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Extra toasts?

Kelly, on August 20, 2019 at 16:30 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hiiiiii! Oh my gosh we're getting so close now. We're in weeks away territory which is crazy!

We started the day of schedule with our coordinator, and have just the typical speeches planned: maid of honour, best man, his parents, my parents, then us.

Today we got a text from one of our groomsmen saying he wants to give a toast at the wedding. He's a good friend to both of us, and it doesn't make any sense to be like "no. don't say nice things about us at our wedding".

But like...where in the line of speeches do we put him?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on September 6, 2019 at 06:00
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kelly Smiley smile Great advice from the PPs! Did you decide where to put this toast in the line?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as speeches are either during supper or if they aren't then kept to a time limit it shouldn't be a problem to add another one in.

I would put him after the Best Man and Maid of Honour like the others said.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can have as many speeches as you want, I would just make sure the groomsmans is no longer than 2-3 mins. And then keep everyone else to 5 minutes. This way it doesn’t feel like there are a million speeches taking up a ton of time.
    You may have to draw the line at just this groomsman and the 4 other speeches. If other people start asking or wanting to do a speech I would just stick to your best man, MOH and parents and maybe have him do an opening short toast and grace?
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kelsie. I’d put him after the best man and MOH and before the parents. Keep the wedding party speeches grouped together.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would put him relatively close to your maid of honour and best man speech. Perhaps after both of them and before any parents!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics