Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2021 Ontario

Everyone please email the premier and ask him to atleast acknowledge weddings

Angie, on January 11, 2021 at 13:25 Posted in Ontario 0 10

Hey guys,

We are all worried all over again, rightfully so, and the fact that the government doesn't even acknowledge weddings at all, give any guidance or hints, etc is making everything that much harder to deal with. I think that if there is enough of us who write into the premier, he will listen and finally acknowledge weddings and social events at one of his press conferences sooner rather than later.

I already got my entire family to write in, asking him to please allow weddings this spring with at least 100 outdoors.. but also asked if he can at least acknowledge us and provide SOME insight on weddings for spring and summer 2021 as this would help us with our planning, deciding if we want to continue putting down deposits that may be hard to get out of later on, etc. etc. We need to be acknowledged in some way.

Link to write to him below:

https://correspondence.premier.gov.on.ca/EN/feedback/default.aspx

10 Comments

Latest activity by Harjot, on January 22, 2021 at 13:55
  • H
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Harjot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don’t have time to argue or write long paragraphs to someone the internet. You seem to be very angry at someone you’ve never even met. I gave you my opinion. You couldn’t take it. I don’t care.

• A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You came on here, were patronizing and condescending to me, and now that I have responded to you with fact based arguments you have nothing to say. It has definitely been fun watching that unravel. Good luck!

• H
    Harjot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess physicians get no days off. Don’t post if you can’t take the fact that other people differ in their opinions. It’s been fun, Good luck to you in the future.
  • H
    Harjot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I am having a wedding. With 10 people who are my immediate family members. Immediate means your siblings and parents by the way. You must have 46 siblings then. I’m having the reception next year when it’s safer to do so as a responsible citizen. Also, I’m a physician who has been working the front lines so please don’t preach your nonsense 1% infection and death rate to me. Try working the front lines one day and you’ll change your tune. You should really read some literature that has been proven by science. Schools are, in fact, not super spreaders. Take your own advice if you don’t agree with my response (both this one and the original) keep scrolling. Also, if you do email the premier I would suggest checking your spelling and grammar more diligently than you have in your post.
  • H
    Harjot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

" asking him to please allow weddings this spring with at least 100 outdoors" Is your wedding really more important than the health of your loved ones and everyone they are in contact with? Weddings are super spreader events. The point of a wedding is to get married and if you really cannot deal with having no less than 100 people watch you do this, then wait. I won't comment on his policies, but I think he has better things to do than read emails convincing him why you need 100's of people at your wedding.

• Brooklyn
    Curious February 2021 Ontario
    Brooklyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one knows what’s going to happen so there’s really no insight to give...

Is it going to get better??? No one knows!

What’s Ford supposed to say.? We hope to have it better? They’re trying right now. That’s why we’re in lockdown and the numbers keep going up. TBH there’s nothing for them to say.

They’re not acknowledging any business right now and if they’re going to acknowledge weddings they have to acknowledge the businesses first.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The point is, what could Ford possibly say to you that either hasn't already been said or be of substance to anyone? Again, we have NO IDEA how things will play out. Do you just want him to say "we hope it'll be better?" That's about as useful as David Williams claiming he hoped all regions would be Green by Christmas. It gives no one, from businesses to clients, any real indication on how to properly go about planning our weddings.

• A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never once asked him to guarantee a gathering of 100, I am asking them to give some guidance and information, which they are not doing at all. That info could be positive or negative, I never once said "ask him to tell us good news about weddings" i said, ask him to give some info and guidance on weddings. They do not mention weddings on the news at all from what I see.

Them saying there has been outbreaks at weddings in the past and reporting on those outbreaks is irrelevant to them acknowledging the upcoming weddings for this year and giving guidance to couples. Not the same thing at all.

When Trudeau speaks he says the spring will be much better, but when ford speaks he says opposite. Its confusing to people and we need guidance. Thats not an unreasonable or crazy request lol... someone asked question live on air last week asking him to give guidance on ski hills.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. I work in the events industry and weddings are pretty much the only public event being acknowledged by the government right now. Look at how many conferences, tradeshows, and public events that generates tourism funds for the government get mentioned. My work has been shut down since March with no indication it will be back up until at least the fall (any industry events require a year out in planning and no one will risk holding one in this time of uncertainty). Crews who work live shows and concerts have been out of a job with no acknowledgement. Yet every time an outbreak from a wedding happened, he acknowledged it. The dude even went to a wedding himself for one of his MPPs. And was caught not wearing masks at certain points! Not to mention his office consistently kept sending that stupid email about dancing being okay despite being contrary to all public health advice. His government even tried to be liberal with gathering numbers at events against public health advice. To say he is not acknowledging those getting married is really a stretch,

I get it, your wedding is important to you. And while I don't agree with everything our government has done, him not prioritizing weddings and not giving the public some false sense of hope without any factual basis on what will happen in the future is not amongst them. We have NO IDEA how things will play out. Vaccine roll out is abysmally slow. Cases are going up. To demand that we be guaranteed a gathering of 100 is silly.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very bold to make this move and brave too. All support is great to give to the community.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics