Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherina
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Evening Out Tans for Strapless Dress

Katherina, on May 13, 2022 at 09:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
I’m in need of dire help. I have a strapless, low back wedding dress. Our date is September 24th 2022. I originally planned to be very cautious over tan lines, however I tend to tans very easily. With the heat and sun the past week, I’ve already noticed tan lines beginning. I thought that wearing a strapless top would help, but noticed quite a line in my upper back which looks awful with the low back… How did you avoid getting tan lines? What did you do to even put your tan lines? Really, just any advice would be helpful!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Yami, on June 16, 2022 at 02:22
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am covering myself up! That’s the only plan I can really think of. 🙈
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So a great spray tan artist will be your best friend they can actually contour so you d9ont look like you have any tan lines and match everything up perfectly. good ones are hard to come by. or every two days in the sun hit up the tanning bed for two days just to keep yourself golden all over

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunscreen as much as possible, Self tanner I would do it couple weeks ahead incase it's not the right tone and you turn orange instead of brown. If that is the case, lemon juice. I go to the tanning booth to get an even tan and then sunscreen if I'm sitting outside to prevent the darker lines.

• Katherina
    Katherina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s totally my issue. Mine is a very low back, so I figure I’ll have a back tan line regardless 🤦‍♀️ I didn’t think about the makeup artist as a backup choice. Good to know
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my issue too!! I go boating all summer and my wedding is in September! My spray tan lady said she could try and even it out but there’s not a whole lot she can do!
    I’m going to stick to one bathing suit so I don’t have a bunch of different lines and if need be get my makeup lady to put makeup on really bad ones!
    My dress is backless so I will probably have a bit of lines 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't have breathable long sleeve summer shirts, now is the time to get some!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have a few options- stayed covered until the wedding to ensure no tan lines, a week or two start a self tanner only on the areas that need to be darkened or a few days prior to the wedding get a spray tan. If you decide to go that route I would book an appt a few weeks before your weeding to confirm the colour works for you.

• Katherina
    Katherina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I should mention that I have a darker skin tone - mocha coloured. So I’d I tan I get very dark Smiley sad but that’s a great idea! How soon do you think you’d do it before the wedding to settle? Everyone says more than a few days before.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having the same issue. I have a very low V-neck back to my dress as well. If I have very noticeable tan lines I'm probably going to go and get a spray tan or even use a self tanner

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics