Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Europe or Canada

Lindsay, on July 17, 2018 at 13:27 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8

We are getting married next June and want to go on Honeymoon pretty much right after. We are stuck between going to Europe or just staying in Canada travelling either West or East, but I have no idea where to even begin to look for either place. Neither of us have travelled to Europe or outside Ontario within Canada.

Are there any all inclusive places within Europe?

Any advise you may have on things you have done or the best place you think to visit would be much appreciated.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on August 1, 2018 at 18:44
  • Erin
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful spots in BC to go in the summer! Anywhere on Vancouver Island is lovely, you can find good accommodation (camp/hotel/b&b/spas) and the scenery is lovely and relaxing. Squamish/Whistler/Pemberton are also great and offer lots of options depending on what your looking for.

Europe is my dream but I want to explore whats in our own backyard as well Smiley smile

Happy honeymooning!!

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do Europe. Me and my FH did that as our engagement trip, not as glamorous as a honeymoon but we ended up packing a backpack and going for two months, we stayed where we liked it and if we weren't feeling it we left. We absolutely fell in love with Italy. Super easy to get around (their train system is fabulous) there was so much to do, and most of it didn't cost very much, we found it romantic even to just go walking down the old streets and check out the architecture. We were able to save costs on accommodations though staying at campsites such as camping realto, which really was a private bungalow with running water and electricity for a fraction of what it would have cost in a hotel and we bought our own breakfast and lunch food and packed it for the day, and for dinner we would either go out or make something ourselves.

Overall we spent about $5000 for 2.5 months adventuring around Europe (and yes that is including everything from travel to accommodation to food and attractions). Europe can be cheap, romantic, and absolutely fantastic.

Also on a side note, doing all inclusive in Europe can sometimes come out costing more, but all depends on what you are looking for.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Europe is amazing and has so much to do and so much history but Canada has some great gems to visit as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear ya, it's part of the reason we picked a winter wedding... only 1 wedding day, but every anniversary we get to escape Vancouver in January! Haha.
    Good luck! I hope you find a wonderful trip!

• Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you.

We would love to go south but no in the summer.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Europe is generally verrrry pricey for all-inclusive type resorts/vacations...

Are you guys not wanting the tropical/Caribbean/southern honeymoon? If you wanted an all-inclusive, it may be more cost friendly.

However! There are also European cruises you can do!! It's technically all inclusive (all food/entertainment included, and you can add an all-inclusive drink package), and it's essentially a floating 5-star resort that lets you see multiple countries while only unpacking your bag once!

Some Examples:

12-Night Baltic Cruise

7-Night Mediterranean Cruise

And I just searched all-inclusive resorts in Europe for the same time frame, and 12 nights ranges from $9,000 - $16,000, depending on the quality of your resort.

*oh my gosh, every single Honeymoon post I'm raving about cruises... haha. But I just feel like you can't go wrong with them! Royal Caribbean is my favourite, but I strongly suggest you look into it a little... Some great cruise lines are: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruise Line, & Holland America.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are inclusive places like resorts in Europe but they are relatively pricier compared to the ones in Mexico or Cuba. If you would like to stay in Canada, you can refer to my travel blog ( https://mschanchanstraveladventures.com/category/north-america/) . I've done many local trips so hopefully you can get some ideas to do something fun. There are sample itineraries to follow so you can save yourself some time on planning! Canada is a beautiful country and there's so much to do! Sometimes you don't have to go far and break the bank to have a great time!

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of what I have seen in Europe is just breakfast. I think they figure if you’re in Europe you’re going to be out everyday so you’ll be eating lunch and dinner else where.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics