Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Entrance Music

Tamara, on July 21, 2019 at 11:15 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Hi all,

I’m looking for opinions - for the entrance to the reception are you including your wedding party or just the two of you?

if you are including your wedding party, will you have two different songs?

We only have a MOH and best man in our party so two songs might be too choppy but I don’t know if I want to share our entrance song.

Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 24, 2019 at 13:26
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This answer can go 2 ways of choices:

1. Selected songs you want to have for the wedding party and yourselves so it gives you a way to personalize what you want to play as your favourite song (s).

2. One song can be chosen to be played if your coordinating a dance entrance with you two included in it.

I did teach our wedding party and my husband a dance number for the Reception entrance which was my choice. Usually its family who does enter before the couple.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only have MOH and BM so just one song for the 4 of us. Looking for something fun. I want to set the mood that we are here to have fun. I don't want too much formality. If we do one at all. I'm still almost 2 years out so I have lots of time to plan.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was helpful to read! I have a giant WP so I was wondering how to separate... this is a good idea!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking that we will just have one song and that we will just pick one that has a big pickup in the middle that way we walk out at that point? But if we can't find one that has that then we are fine with walking out with the same song. Won't be able to hear it over all the cheering anyway right?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SO we did:

Bride Parents - They chose their own song (Great Balls of Fire)

Groom Parents - They chose (Celebration)

Bridal party - Ring Bearers, Flower Girls, Groomsmen and Bridesmaids, MOH and BM - We chose (Space Jam Theme Song

Bride and Groom - We chose - (Something like this - Coldplay/Chainsmokers)

Worked out really well!

I didn't want TOO many songs going but the 4 worked really well!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't have to have a song for your wedding party, just an announcement and then play your entrance song.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are including our wedding party and parents. So each couple will have their own song, and then we will have our own.

I have left it up to my wedding party to pick their own songs, if they don't give me what they want, I may just do one song for everyone to come in!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only have one MOH and 2 best men and we're not doing entrances for them, just for us.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do an entrance really, but I have been in a wedding party where we did and everyone had their own song.

The bride and groom had their song of choice and each bridesmaid and groomsmen couple had their own song.

It is totally up to you though, but if you have a DJ then they will do whatever you want.. they can play parts of different songs for everyone as they walk in or they play just one and you all do your thing!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only have a MOH and best man and they will have their own entrance!

each of our parents will also have their own entrance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics