Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Entertainment Suggestions

Sarah, on June 14, 2021 at 19:46 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hi guys, I’m planning a small wedding of Smiley heart0 guests next August in Vernon and am unsure what to do about entertainment/music. I don’t want to spend $1,000+ on a DJ when this is going to be small & intimate, but I also don’t want to worry about controlling music during the night (or have to ask one of my guests to do it 🙈) Any suggestions on entertainment alternatives or recommendations for reasonable priced services?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on June 15, 2021 at 15:07
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem!

I also would like to suggest something else that is kind of the same thing but only a different app. I do not know the name but it is like a jukebox, but mobile. A pub had it where they have their speakers throughout the place and a device that was plugged in that acted as the main source of music - but - everyone can download the app and request a song in the queue from their phones and if they wanted their song to come on next they can pay like 25 cents for it to be "bumped". This way the entire night is of songs requested by your guests and when there is no song request they just shuffle songs out to play.

I really wished I still had the app but since I moved from that place and they don't have it in the current city - I do not have it anymore.

But I am sure wish some looking into you can probably find something like that.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have also seen some setups for a decent price, but was trying to get away from using a playlist. If all else fails though, an endless playlist & suggesting guests select a song as they please could work… thanks for that suggestion!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We would have to rent a sound system as our venue doesn’t provide one. I have found some good setups for a decent price, but I don’t want the worry of ensuring the music matches the mood of the crowd (i.e., several slow songs in a row when people want to dance, etc.) I think I need to continue my search for a DJ that tailors to small weddings… thanks for that suggestion 😊
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am kind of in the same boat - I am having a wedding with no more than 50 people and I also have a pretty tight budget, so having to give away $1,000 + for a DJ does not seem plausible for me. Which is why I was able to find a really cool set up that only costs $250.00 with GST and it's speakers with a plug in cord to put your phone in. Now I know you said you don't want to have someone control it but I would look into buy the premium Spotify for the month and have an endless playlist. People can go up to the device and choose a song to play next if they have a specific request because Spotify does have that option

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does your venue already have a sound system setup? If so, you can probably forego a DJ and create a playlist. If not, having a DJ setup the sound system and run the day will be useful, not just for the reception and dance but also for the ceremony (the one event where I would personally definitely not want a friend or family member to worry about). There are DJs who specialize in intimate weddings that charge significantly less.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    * under 30 guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics