Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

English groom marrying a Canadian bride

Oliver, on February 17, 2023 at 03:11 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Hi all,

We are getting married in NoTL in august, we both currently live in England but are marrying so we are closer to her family. In terms of obtaining the marriage license, is this an easy process considering we are not from here and don’t have Ontario issues ID? I am also aware that we need to get the marriage license, but it only lasts for 3 months. We will be getting to Canada 2 weeks prior to our wedding so that will be one of the first things we do when we get there. Thank you

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on February 21, 2023 at 15:42
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you planning to reside in England or stay in Canada? Getting married in Canada is not the hard part but if you're long term planning to reside in England instead of Ontario, it might be easier to get the paper work done back home. Last thing you want is the marriage certificate to be lost in the mail while being sent overseas.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes it should be. As long as you have some sort of ID. My husband and I got married in BC and we live in Alberta. They just asked for our ID's and that was it when we went to obtain our marriage license 5 days before the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics