Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassidy
Newbie July 2019 Alberta

Engagement/wedding Band

Cassidy, on June 21, 2018 at 17:56 Posted in Alberta 0 8
Hello all!

I am a heavy duty equipment operator/welder. And my fiance is the one who works in an office. I'm much more feminine than most of the women in my field (which I'm not saying anything against them). But I don't want to put extra wear and tear on my ring, so I'm in the mind set of not wearing it. But do you know of any alternatives for less expensive Engagement/wedding bands made of silicone or tungsten or something like that?

Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on July 13, 2018 at 17:10
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enso rings look so nice, I plan on getting my Fiance one for sure.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As others have said! Enso silicone rings!!!

I work in a factory myself and I didn't wear my ring when we first got engaged as I was TERRIFIED of hurting it in some way. I grew more comfortable and wear it every day now! I have really debated getting a silicone ring to wear at work / gym / vacations just to make things easier and give my mind peace!

But on the flip side I am always so horrified of having my ring out of my sight hahah! I went on a girls trip to the US a few months ago and made my fiance watch and take care of it while I was away (I was so scared of losing it at the time) I wouldn't trust anyone else haha!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enso silicone rings! My FH works in the mining industry and cannot wear any sort of metal at work. We got his wedding band from Enso (it's an online company) and it turned out awesome! They are extremely affordable as well!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is gold but I also got a set of silicone rings for camping, gardening and working out. My fiance also got a silicone ring for work as he is navy and wearing a ring on the ship can be a hazard.

• Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance works in the trades so we found him a gorgeous tungsten ring and it was only $260.00! Smiley smile

• Cassidy
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Cassidy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that's great. I really like the silicone one I got from Sport Check. Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most jewelry stores will carry tungeston rings, or can get a ring in tungeston, (and they don’t cost too much) it’s such a great material, I work in heavy equipment as well, and it’s the only thing I’ll wear because instead of bending when getting squished, it will shatter.
  • Cassidy
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Cassidy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a silicone band at Sport Check for $30 and I'm hoping it will work out! They have mens versions as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics