Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands

Hank, on April 12, 2021 at 22:04 Posted in Ontario 0 17

For those of you in the GTA, where are you getting your wedding bands? Did you go to where you got the engagement ring?

With Toronto having been in lock down since November, we never had the chance to even check out and try on different wedding bands.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Mauricio, on April 19, 2021 at 10:58
  • Mauricio
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Mauricio ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So for me and my fiancee, we had no idea of what kind of wedding bands we wanted and never tried before, so I will share my experience, hope it helps.

We scheduled an appointment at Spence Diamonds (we used the closest to us, in Scarborough) and they were super helpful. They will come to the door and ask what kind of rings you want to see, then bring a bunch of those and some alternatives to the window, you point out some of them you want to try, and they will bring to you outside to try it in a table.

Spence Diamonds manage to operate like this because the rings they show you are fake ones, so there is no value just in case.

I enjoyed it, and I know their diamonds for example are extremely overpriced, but their wedding bands are actually at a very decent price, so we went with them.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have tried various rings before for run at random chain shops just to see what would work on my hand. Anything over a 6mm looks huge and makes my hand look tiny in comparison.

• Olivia
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe its a 4mm. We thought anything over 4mm looked a bit too big and anything less than 3mm looked a bit too dainty. Just depends on your fingers and preference.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    But also, if you can try on plastic/cheap rings for thickness, it will give you a better visual of what is best for your hand. I noticed you said some sizes will look chunky on your hand. My fiancé and I thought the same thing but when he tried on rings the thicker ones looked better. If you can try on a 4,6 & 8mm width it would help so much with choosing
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not in the gta but I got my fiancé’s ring online at Hanover jewellers and it is beautiful Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands 1

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's actually pretty good. Is it a 6mm width? I looked on the site just now and a lot of their stuff is on the thick side, which would look really chunky in my hand.
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands 2

10k yellow gold. He works outside so best to have lowest gold count as possible.
  • R
    Curious August 2021 British Columbia
    Rhi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine from an online website called Ferkos. I was looking at some wedding bands at a store called Blu boho which were beautiful but ended up finding a ring that looks almost identical for a third of the price. I’m so happy with it. Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands 3

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What metal did you get for that price?

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé ordered his online from Overstock.com. He wanted something very plain, no jewels. Cost under $200. We did go to Peoples right before lockdown and tried some on. We knew our sizes and the exact measurements so it made it easier to order online. I was apprehensive about ordering online but many places have great return policies due to covid right now.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aaww. I got mine at PEOPLES. Hubby got his at EUROPEAN JEWELRY @ Sherway Gardens
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For yourself? My fiancé found a band he liked there but it was brushed white gold -and the company who made the band said they could do polished white gold instead it was about $800
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish they listed prices online like Peoples do. I get that diamond prices vary but I'm just looking at non-jeweled items.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to Spence diamonds at square one (outside the mall). They are doing by appointment only. Depending on your price range they can accommodate all budgets. We originally went to a boutique in Toronto (where my engagement ring was designed), for two bands it was almost 4500k. We had lots of recommendations to go to Spence and we got the exact same bands we wanted for 1600 (both). Also they deliver. Ask for Susan, she is fantastic.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I keep seeing people go the Etsy route but the idea of potentially spending up to $2000 buying precious metals online without being able to try them on is worrisome.

• M
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Peoples online

• Ashley
    Beginner March 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We’re in the process of trying to find our wedding bands, but no luck yet. Because of the lockdown, I’m considering ordering from Etsy, there are a few beautiful shops I’ve found based in Vancouver.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics