Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2018 Ontario

Engagement ring insurance

Jillian, on March 13, 2018 at 13:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Has everyone gotten insurance for their engagement ring/ wedding ring? do you just do it through the same insurance company that you have your home and auto? I assume you insure what the certificate says its worth and not what he paid??

10 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on November 7, 2018 at 05:58
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it through the same insurance we have for home and auto. It was just easier. We’ve insured other jewelry with them so it made sense.

Little side note; I almost found out about the ring through and insurance slip addressed to both of us. Luckily I was too busy to open it and just left it on the counter.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have mine ensured through Jewelers Mutual. Their prices are good and their coverage is really comprehensive.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have life time warranty on my engagement ring from the jeweler but not really "insured" per say.

We won't have it for our wedding bands as we won ours and not too worried about them as we intend to get an upgrade in a few yrs maybe.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes they add it to your home or contents policy by way of an endorsement. Just give your broker or direct writer a copy of your appraisal certificate. I think my ring was about $300 a year to insure. Definitely something you should consider.
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the same and put it under our renters insurance, our insurance went up maybe $5 a month? I don’t remember exactly but it was barely noticeable and they made it so easy to do!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely get your engagement ring insured!!! The insurance is really cheap, but another ring wouldn't be! Smiley tongue

We still rent our place but I've heard you can add it to your homeowner's insurance. You can also probably buy stand-alone ring insurance from the jeweler where your fiance(e) bought the ring!

5 Things To Do After You Get Your Engagement Ring
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depends on the value of your ring. It's not crazy.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent a copy of my certificate to my insurance company and they just added the charge to my home insurance.

• J
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok Thanks! Is it very expensive?
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have mine insured through my home insurance. Super simple. Bring in the ring certificate that says it's worth. Then just have it added to your home policy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics