Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sydney
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Engagement photos taking forever

Sydney, on November 2, 2017 at 21:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19

I'm wondering how long it would normally take to get engagement photos back. We booked a photographer we really liked after seeing a friend's photos. When she recommended them, she told us that they were amazing, but they took a while to get the photos back.

We got out engagement photos done on October 1, but still haven't heard back about them - it has now been over a month. I didn't know if I should email them and ask, or if that sounds pushy. Should I just wait, and we'll get them when we get them?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on January 9, 2018 at 08:27
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ours back within 3 weeks. Our photographer gave us a preview (4 photos) within the first 5 days. When we showed everyone our photos they were surprised with how quickly they came back so I guess it normally takes longer? Usually the photographer would give you a rough estimate as to when they expect to get your photos back to you, if they didn't then I would contact them and ask ETA.

The Guild ParkEngagement photos taking forever 1Engagement PhotosEngagement photos taking forever 2Fall of 2017Engagement photos taking forever 3

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry, I just realized the date on this lol my apologies! I hope your photos found their way to you in a timely manner.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did they give you a timeline on how long it would take for photos? It doesn't hurt to email them and ask about when you can expect your photos. We had ours done in June and had them back with in 3-4 weeks which allowed us to use them for our save the dates that we handed out at our stag and doe at the end of August last year.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope your pictures came through. Some take longer than others depending how many shots they took and editing.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay!! Glad to hear it worked out! Smiley smile
  • Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SO we got our photos back. Just over 5 weeks, and TOTALLY worth the wait. I'm in love with them.

• Patricia
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our engagement photos done on Oct 18th...and we are still waiting as well. I know it hasnt even been a month yet but i thought maybe a sneak peek or something. My worry is i HAVE reached out via email (to inquire about video) as well as reached out via text and i have NOTHING in return....not even a BOO. So i'm like freaking out to figure out like what is going on Smiley sad

• Sydney
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys! We’ve never really had professional photos done, so I didn’t know what to expect for a timeline. Makes me feel better that they're not actually taking forever, but that this is actually normal Smiley smile
  • Karena
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Karena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been waiting for a few weeks for our pictures to come back as well. I messaged the photographer to say I was hoping to send our 'Save the Dates' shortly, and she said I would get my pictures back after this weekend...still waiting, but hopefully today!

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our engagement photos done October 19th. She told us she would send us about 15 after one week and then another 30 in about 3 weeks. October 20th she sent us our sneak peek of 41 photos and this past Thursday she sent us the whole gallery of 172 pictures. Super impressed with her!
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our engagement photos yesterday and had them same day, so I guess that's not the norm. I know my photographer is really experienced, having previously been a fashion photographer, so perhaps that's why the turnaround was so quick.
    Sorry my experience is not helpful here! I hope you get then soon!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer told us 6-8 weeks for our engagement photos and 8-12 weeks for wedding photos. It depends on their workload, but a month is not unusual. I know it's hard to wait!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photographers can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks getting photos back to you. It depends on how many photos they took, and how much editing they have to do; not to mention all the other projects they have going on at the same time. I got my engagement photos back within 3 weeks, and my wedding photos between 4-5 weeks. Nothing wrong with following up with your photographer like Erin said and checking to see how much longer they will be as you are excited. You could also ask if they have a couple sneak peaks you could view to hold you over!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married September 30th and are still waiting for photos. Depending on how many they took, editing can be a lot of work. They have to delete all the bad or blurry ones and then start editing the rest. I would definitely say contact them saying that you are so excited to see them and was wondering when you might expect to receive them. Nothing wrong with following up.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know a month seems like a long time but it's not that uncommon for a photographer. I'm still on constant contact with my photographer Hahaha they won't mind if u ask when they'll be done, but I wouldn't worry too much yet Hun!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my engagement photos done sept 24 (or around then) and im still waiting on them. I followed up with my photographer a couple weeks ago now and she said they were almost done. I will probably text her again tomorrow and see how they are doing.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been waiting for my wedding pictures since September 24th. I followed up with the photographer after 4 weeks and he said he's been so busy that it's now taking 40 to 60 days to complete the editing.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our wedding pictures it took 4-5 weeks to get them back. You have every right to follow-up with the photographer and ask when you should be expecting to get your pictures, so don’t be shy to contact them.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine back within a week but only because she was a friend and I know she didn't have many other projects going on so she had plenty of time to work on our photos.

Our wedding photos took 3 weeks to get back to us which I hear is pretty typical. I would say if you haven't messaged them before, it wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask if they have an approximate time frame for then being ready. Just mention that you're just really excited to see them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics