Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loni
Devoted September 2018 Ontario

Engagement photos - any tips/advice?

Loni, on July 17, 2017 at 10:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Hey guys! We have our engagement photos coming up this weekend and I know a lot of you have already done yours. Do you have any advice heading into them? Is there anything you did to make them go smoothly? Feeling a little nervous as this will be my first professional photoshoot, and I'm kind of an awkward person when it comes to the camera lol.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Loni, on July 26, 2017 at 10:35
  • Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice guys, they went amazing! Our photographer is literally a magic woman haha. She made everything super comfortable and wasn't pressuring us to be pose-y. It was a lot of fun!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just try to act like the camera isn't there. Like it is only you and your fiancé. It will be more candid. It will seem awkward at first but youll work your way into it. Cheers!!!!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be horribly stressful for the poor little turtle if it wasn't a pet. Toothless is very well socialized and wasn't stressed at all during the photo shoot. She is a 3 Toed Box Turtle native to Florida (I think) and was raised in captivity, she would be most disgruntled to be set free in Alberta.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I'm so glad that was your pet and not a wild turtle that you disturbed!! Almost all species are endangered right now (at least in Ontario).

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Brings our little turtle was my FH's idea! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I love them!

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These photos are gorgeous!

• Maria
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very cute and unique pictures with the little turtle Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a word that we said to each other, like a memory, to make us laugh. It wasn't intentional but it made for great pics because it was genuine! My cousins did the same thing and it worked for them as well. They didn't have lunch before their shoot, and all they kept saying to each other was "mmmmm chicken nuggets!" Lol and all the pictures of them laughing were because of that, and the pics were Awesome! Being yourself is key and if you have a good photographer, they will help you along the way! Good luck!
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just focus on your fiancé and try to forget the photographers are there. Listen to their direction and don't be afraid to be silly. I love how ours turned out! Also ask questions, I sent our photographers a bunch of questions beforehand which helped a lot. I also googled to look for photo locations and then we drove out to look at them before we picked the 2 locations.

Engagement pictures! - 4

Engagement pictures! - 1

Engagement pictures! - 2

Engagement pictures! - 3

Engagement pictures! - 9

Engagement pictures! - 5

Engagement pictures! - 6

Engagement pictures! - 7

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooh this is good advice! Thanks guys Smiley smile Bethany, your photos are beautiful! Will definitely post some when I get them!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Loni! So nice! You will do fine! Here I send you some inspiration! Just relax and be yourself! Engagement pictures! - Engagement pictures! - -Engagement photos - Engagement photos - Engagement photos- Engagement photoshoot. xx

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The photographer should pose you to look good. I looked at tons of photos from my photographers previous work to get inspired and also asked them which colours photographed better. We did two outfit changes which I do not regret AT ALL and would recommend that to anyone.
    The biggest thing that helped me was already knowing what kind of shots I wanted, as I looked at other ppls engagement shoots, and doing an outfit change. For example, I went it knowing I wanted a good city shot, a good kiss shot, a night time shot, a photo of was sitting on the ground, some smiling, and some sultry.
    Post pics when you get them Smiley smile

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 1

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 2

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 3

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 4

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 5

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 6

Engagement photos - any tips/advice? - 7
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had ours done by a family friend who will also be shooting our wedding. We either picked shots ourselves or he gave directions. Some were just goofy shots too and they are super fun! I would say the best advice is just to roll with it and have fun! Smiley smile

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so fun! We had ours in May and it was actually pretty fun. We hate having our pictures taken as we are so awkward but honestly I would say just focus on you fiancé. That helped me so much. I just looked at him and we joked around and made each other laugh and it was like the photographer wasn't there. After the first few shots you get a little more comfortable with it I think. But yeah don't be afraid to be silly and laugh as most of our best shots were of us just making jokes and having a good time. The photographer should know some good poses for you so you shouldn't have to worry about that unless you have specific ones in mind.
    Have fun! 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics