Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandria
Newbie September 2023 Ontario

Engagement photos?

Alexandria, on August 16, 2021 at 10:23 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi there!

I hope everyone on here is doing well! My partner and I recently got engaged and with the pandemic did not want to get photos done until we were both vaccinated. We are wondering if anyone has some ideas on what to look for in a photographer for it and/or if anyone has worked with someone in the past that they would recommend?
Thanks in advance 😀

8 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on October 16, 2021 at 15:55
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure where you are located but if you are in the GTA my cousin is a photographer... Kate Murphy Photo on FB or @katemurphyphotography on IG! She did our engagement photos and who's also photographing our wedding also! We just got our photos back last night and this is what she did for us!

Engagement photos? 1

Engagement photos? 2

Engagement photos? 3

Engagement photos? 4

Engagement photos? 5

Engagement photos? 6

Engagement photos? 7

• Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank!

Yeah we are thinking just a cityscape for photos as the venue for reception and ceremony is at a winery!
    Thank you for your amazing advice because you’re so right the main issue is finding the person that works best with us to get the best shots!
    We were given a local photographers name so we might check them out and ask if they do any packages.
    Thanks again! 😀
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having a separate engagement photographer and wedding photographer will usually cost you more. Almost every wedding package I've seen from photographers come with an engagement shoot. If you're afraid of quality, I would recommend looking at individual contractor photographers rather than companies/agencies with a roster that sends different people from their team. My friend went the agency route and they weren't a fan of their engagement shoots and the agency will send a different staff for their wedding. Thing is, unless they pay for a second shoot with this person, they're going in blind for the wedding. Photos posted by the agency are not attributed to any particular photographer and the roster changes every now and then.

The most important thing when hiring a photographer is talking to them beforehand. If you're the shy type, you need to tell them that and they need to see it in person so they can know how to get the best out of you for the shots.

Are you looking to take pictures in your city or a destination setting outside of your home area? Our wedding is held in a country club so we stick with a cityscape for our pictures.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes!
    That’s a good idea as well and in this case, it’s gets you to know if you’ll like that person to be your wedding photographer.
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi again!

We don’t have anyone for wedding photography yet but have been told by others we know that got married to try to find someone to just do engagement photos first to see if we like their style for the big day.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, that would be great to do a city background.

Did you talk to your wedding photographer? They would be able to assist with some options or do some research for your city.
    Yeah, Covid really came and put a damp on things. But it’s going to be amazing with any options.
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!!

Yes we want to do it outside we are thinking (but yours are absolutely beautiful and we never even thought of a studio for our photos) Our venue is set at a winery so we were thinking a city background.
    Honestly thank you so much for your message! With covid we were keeping our heads down and now that things are opening up and vaccinations are being done we feel comfortable now.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Alexandria,

Do you have an idea on what style of photoshoot you would like? Or where you would like it to be? Studio or outdoors?
    My fiancé and I used our photographer for the wedding to have a photoshoot. We did a studio version as he said later we can do the Fall one outside in the fall. That being said, it turned out amazing as we did two outfit changes.
    Here are two photos from our photoshoot…Engagement photos? 8
    Engagement photos? 9

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics