Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2022 Alberta

Engagement Photos

April, on November 14, 2019 at 17:40 Posted in Alberta 0 7

Hello! Getting married August 23, 2020 and we are hoping to get our engagement photos done in December or January. This isn't the ideal time for photos, but we missed the mark on fall photos! Does anyone near Edmonton or Red Deer have any ideas for fun spots for engagement photos? We were looking for a barn potentially, but we don't personally know anyone with one we could ask to borrow. Any ideas or any locations that anyone knows about? Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on November 15, 2019 at 10:55
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In New Brunswick the snow can be really wet and heavy, in February it's cold enough that it's mostly powder.

I hope you find a spot!
  • A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Muttart is unfortunately closed till I believe 2021 for renos! That would have been a nice spot for sure. Yes, it is very cold but after living here for almost 20 years it is what it is lol! You just bundle up. As for indoor photos, I am not feeling any of the spots that I have read that have been suggested. They don't ignite that excitement inside of me and make me envision what the photos would be like...which is too bad because there are some cool spots around town.

• A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did they have another reason for February? Feb here is awful. Probably one of the worst months of the year (in my experience) everything is dirty and grey haha. I definitely let my photographer know that I was interested in a barn, have not heard back yet. I have kind of been looking around and asking co workers and such to see if anyone has a family farm that would be willing to let us shoot for a few hours. Not much luck so far, but my fingers are still crossed! I wish I had my stuff together and had done fall photos because that would have been lovely. Ugh, and its not like I can say I'll do that next time lol!

• A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is a light show in St Albert that might work well for something like this! Thanks for the idea!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what is really out there in Edmonton/ Red Deer - but if there are any light shows then I highly recommend them! The lights make for some great pictures Smiley love Plus that's where I proposed - but still!!! So pretty!!

Mine:

Engagement Photos 1

Engagement Photos 2

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about the Muttart Conservatory? I know they do weddings there and the shoots I've seen have been beautiful. December/January is COLD in Edmonton so I'd try to aim for an indoor shoot lol.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking about winter photos and our photographer suggested February was the best for snow if you're doing them outside. That might be different in your province, so I would ask your photographer! They might have a favorite barn or even a few to choose from based on light, nearby trees, etc. We trusted ours to pick the spot for fall photos and she had a game plan because she was familiar with shooting photos in the area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics