Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Super June 2019 Ontario

Engagement photos

Amanda, on April 3, 2019 at 10:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

HELP MEEEEEEEE!

I need engagement photo ideas. My wedding is June 8th.. that's right. I still haven't doen engagement photos, oooopsie.

It's included in my photography package and I really want them so it IS happening, we are just a little behind.

I need some ideas.. locations, outfits, etc...

show me your photos!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Alie, on April 6, 2019 at 19:33
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to merritt island in Welland...so many cute locations.... But the butterfly gallery or any place with loads of flowers goes great

Engagement photos 1

Engagement photos 2
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For outfits, make sure you're comfortable! Business casual is always a good way to go because it's not too stuffy but still looks good. There's an article on here that gives you 5 tips about what to wear in engagement photos.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are great.. thanks for sharing!

I think we actually decided on Forks of the Credit as well..

Now, outfits!!!

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here are some photos that are my favourite from my 2 engagement sessions.

Location options that we went to and loved:

Dundas Peak - lots of trees, walking trails, greenery, and a huge 100foot cliff!

Forks of the Credit Provincial Park - Gorgeous walking trails, water falls, lots of trees and greenery! Lots of light

Both dont require permits woohoo!

Terms of outfits whatever is most comfortable for you, since you're only doing one session you should do half of the photos in a comfy casual style, and half dressed up. But the choice is totally yours. Put some makeup on, do your hair, feel great! These are the only photos outside of your wedding that'll be professionally done! You'll want to look great and get them framed!

Just have fun and bring props! The photographer will take care of the rest!

Cant wait to see your photos!

**all my photos posted were taken by Jenifer Boyce Photography. She is a GTA photographer is AMAZING! And her turn around time is a week, so if you need a photographer who is fast, affordable and just amazing give her a call!**

Engagement photos 3

Engagement photos 4

Engagement photos 5

Engagement photos 6

Engagement photos 7

Engagement photos 8

Engagement photos 9

Engagement photos 10

Engagement photos 11

Engagement photos 12

Engagement photos 13

Engagement photos 14

Engagement photos 15

Engagement photos 16

Engagement photos 17
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I did a shoot in the Distillery District in Toronto! The city feel was a lot better for us I absolutely loved it!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I finally chose an outfit for mine next month.

we’re doing Osgoode Hall in downtown for our location.

High Park is supposed to be nice but it’s crowded during the Spring. Gairloch Gardens in Oakville is gorgeous! My FSIL did her wedding photos there!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore jeans, sandles, and a nice floral blue top. We had photo's done on a friends property. near tree's, a pond with a deck, infront of cottage, in a canoe. We then went to a lake near by and had photo's there and on another deck. I wore a green floral dress for this one. We jumped off at the end!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My photographer strongly recommended a flowy dress, which I love the way our photos turned out. She also recommended sunset, and the lighting effects on our pictures are awesome.

We did some kinda a little dresses up, flowy dress, and him in shorts with a nice shirt.

Then we changed in to a more casual outfit as well. Our jays jerseys cause we both love ball.

Also if you have pets include them!

I like the idea of doing some that represent you, and some a little more dressed up. Most photographers will allow you to do an outfit change.

Also ask your photographer! They are the professional. They have done this lots I am sure and have really good ideas, or can show you locations they have previously shot.

Engagement photos 18

I am not from Ontario, but try to find an area with a few different types of scenery? Like trees, water, cool architectural feature or something?

Engagement photos 19

Engagement photos 20

Engagement photos 21

Engagement photos 22

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I am more inclined to do casual as well... or kind of in the middle of like semi formal and casual. I want them to be amazing but I also still want to look like us... I am honestly finding these decisions harder than any I had to make for the actual wedding.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Getting them done where we got engaged isn't really an options. We got engaged at Jungle Cat World which is an animal conservation park... the pictures wouldn't translate well. The grounds are just that of a zoo, and any pictures that animals may work their way into would be behind fences.. I would love to do that because of the meaning, but the pictures just won't turn out very nice.

Thanks for the link!! I will check it out

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely recommend pictures being done where you got engaged! I waited a full year in order to do mine!

Here's a link to my discussion where everybody posted their must-have photo's from their engagement photo shoots: Engagement Photos!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married on June 16th and still haven't done ours yet either lol. We will do them at the beginning of May, and we have decided to go back to where he proposed to me, at a garden near the Toronto harbourfront.

You can either go formal or casual. His cousin just got hers done and they did really formal glamorous portraits - full length gown, tuxedo, that kind of thing. We want to keep it a bit more casual. I'm wearing a skirt and a blouse, with heels, and my usual makeup.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics