Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alana
Frequent user July 2022 Ontario

Engagement photo outfits

Alana, on October 20, 2019 at 22:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
My fiancé and I are getting our engagement photos done on Wednesday - we are starting at a local brewery and then moving on to a waterfall/forested area. We just picked out our outfits and I’m worried I’ve made the wrong choice. I always envisioned a casual look and dressier look. But we’ve landed on two casual looks. We went shopping many times and tried on everything in our closets but everything felt very forced. So we’ve landed on outfits that are comfortable and very “us.” I’m just worried that I may regret not taking advantage of the professional photography and dressing it up a bit. What are you thoughts?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 25, 2019 at 16:43
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How did the photo session go? Were you happy with the outfit choices you made?

I know the feeling though! We looked forever and ever for our outfits! Hope it all went swimmingly!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its def whatever you guys want! we dont have any fancy photos so we went and go high end outfits for ours!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely go with what you're comfortable in. We chose a couple casual outfits for photos on a farm property - FH says all the time he hates getting dressed up and is 100% dreading that aspect of the actual wedding lol. I chose a dress and jeans and a white sleeveless top.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% do what is comfortable and " you".

Casual outfits look amazing, and photographers know how to make them look great. We did a casual outfit, and our pictures were amazing.

Knowing that you wedding is going to be very formal and fancy, you have that contrast with your engagement pictures!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did winter jackets... there was no casual/classy Smiley tongue

I would say to keep looking - I really wish we would have had a more dressy picture!! Worst case scenario you keep the two casual looks and it's not the end of the world. After all, you will be dressy for your wedding pictures right?

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went casual and I have no regrets! the wedding will be dressy hahah
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should wear what you’re comfortable in. I think casual outfits suit the photo locations you’ve chosen.

I don’t see anything wrong with doing 2 casual outfits.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics