Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2018 Quebec

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes

Allyssa, on July 21, 2018 at 22:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Hey guys!

Okay... so engagement photos are coming up in two weeks... We are going to be doing out shoot in the city, in the old part of, think lots of brick and architecture etc. As my fiancé says, something more modern and urban LOL. Okay, anyways...

What are you guys wearing for your engagement photos? I feel as a plus size bride, I want to look amazing, but not sure how I want to do it because im still wanting to hide some things. Im worried about looking like a boing blob. How did you guys get over this? What was some of your go to's for outfit ideas?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on August 7, 2018 at 13:01
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just like what the rest of these ladies have said! Pick an outfit you feel confident wearing! You want to feel great and beautiful in your photos so dont wear something you are uncomfortable in! It can be casual too... Dont overthink it!

We started in jeans and a nice shirt, and then did an outfit change to a dress. I didnt like what my shoulders looked like in the dress so i just put a cute jean jacket on top!

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 1

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 2
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear what you feel comfortable in!

Dress-wise, I think longer, flowy dresses look flattering on everyone. I wish I had gone with a longer dress as my shoe choice wasn't the greatest given the dress I wore and the location of my fiancé and I's engagement photoshoot. I should've opted for cute sandals as we were on a beach!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore high wasted pants and a nice shirt, I always wear flowy. my photographer let me wear her dress. which I liked in some photos but not all because was tad smaller then thought would be!

outfit 2Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 3

OutfitEngagement Photo outfit! All sizes 4

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have this amazing high/low dress that's got oranges and peaches and black in it, it has an opaque short lining, and a sheer overlay. It's super flowy!! I'm a plus size bride myself, and I'm learning to embrace instead of hide, and do some work on the areas I can't embrace. Just gotta learn to love myself as is! Outfits that make me feel amazing are fit and flare dresses, A-line maxi dresses, leggings and peplum tops, anything that's fitted to the waist and then flows enough to hide and bits and bites I'm not in the mood for Smiley smile

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement shoot is also in two weeks! I still don't know what I am wearing but I do know what I am not wearing! Make sure you are comfortable. It may sound funny, but whatever you choose to wear make sure that you feel confident and comfortable sitting, or standing to the side in it, you don't want to be uncomfortable or be worried that you are taking unflattering pictures.

Also layers, such as sweaters or scarves look very common in a lot of the engagement photos I have looked at, they seem to add a little bit of warm to the photos. plus they are also great as a quick "outfit" change of sorts.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore one of my favourite dresses, I decided comfort was most important.

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 5

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with others - be yourself, and be comfortable. If you are comfortable, it will show in your photos! I'm a plus size bride, as well, and totally get where you're coming from.

I wore two outfits - one is the more vintage-y 1950's styles I love (I have lots of these style dresses in my closet) that matched our fun country fair background. The other was a simple flowy top and capris that matched the rustic background we were using.

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 6

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 7

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 8

Also - I LOVE spanx. I use them every time I wear a dress - not just for the tummy control but so my thighs don't rub together!

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got mine from a specialty bra boutique. They have full body and the ones that go up to your bra. The biggest one I got was 3xl when I was 110lbs heavier. Just look for specialty bra boutique store in your area.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get your spanx from? Been debating a pair for my wedding day! And how high did they go up? I'm always worried about it sliding down...
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore some dark blue jeans with some sandals and a new top. I wore something that I was comfortable in and had two outfits just in case it was too warm. I love the photos. I would say pick something you are comfortable in it makes a difference

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 9

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 10
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We switched our shoot from summer to fall recently and I'm way more excited now because it means I can wear my more comfortable clothing. For me that's black or dark blue jeans, leggings, and a black lace tank with a comfy cardigan. I'll also be pulling out a flannel shirt just because I can. I always go with dark colours to help slim me down though!
    PS- hey fellow powell riverite hows it going lol theres very few of us here! 😂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing!!! We did our photos in the Toronto Distillery District this week! I really wanted to wear a white dress so I bought a new one (urban planet) and a little pink cardigan for over! My fiance wanted to be comfortable but glassy so i feel the Jean's and dress shirt worked well and also with our setting!

TBH my arms ALWAYS bother me in photos... and they do still in some of my engagament photos but honestly you are who you are and your fiance loves ALL of you and we just need to embrace that self too! He calls me beautiful all the time and even sometimes when I dont feel my best you have to look past it because honestly no one else notices every little thing we critisize ourselves for Smiley heart these photos are about the love you share and when I think about that I can easily see past the little things that truly dont matter!
    Photos by Pink Pineapple Photography

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 11

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 12
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go with your favourite outfit and be comfortable.
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I forgot to memtion to let your photographer know as well about your concern. I know as an amerture photographer their is certain angles and ways to shoot that are slimming. He or she then can narrow down which photos they do send. I know I got a few back that my arm looks totally fat and I wish My photographer had deleted those.
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore a full body spanks. The outfits I had was jeans and a few different tops and a black dress. I think it’s important to feel comfortable in your clothing. Also take a look t your outfit from all around before photos. One of my jeans was too thin and when I walked you could see crinkles in my leg fat. Also the back of my shirt got rinkled up. Sometimes the photographer might not catch this so always bring another person to check your hair and outfit. Also don’t forget that no matter your size that you are beautiful inside and out, and don’t forget to love yourself. I wish you all the best with your shoot Smiley smile
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did an outdoor photo shoot in a park near the water
    We choose to wear jeans, plaid shirts and cowboy hats...it was fun and photos turned out great!
  • Brandi
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just wore a fitted floral top with light wash denim. I chose a staple outfit and just refined it a bit with the new floral top and makeup.

Definitely wear something you feel comfortable in, because it will show in your photos.

Engagement Photo outfit! All sizes 13
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re concerned, I would wear one of your go-to outfits! That way you’ll feel comfortable, and it’ll be something that suits you. You don’t necessarily want to put on a show, you want these photos to show you and your fiancé, and how you feel about each other. We are our own worst critics!
    I’m sure you’re going to look absolutely stunning ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics