Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Engagement party - who is hosting yours?

Joey, on April 3, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Are you having an engagement party? If so, who will host? A friend? A relative? A member of your wedding party? When will the party be?

Engagement party - who is hosting yours? 1

Photo by Elegantly Angeleta in Toronto

17 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on April 4, 2019 at 06:34
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have one!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We never really had one.. we went out for drinks with all of our wedding party but that's any it there was no actual engagt party.
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FMil and FBIL held our engagement bbq. It was small and chill which I liked as I fint like being the centre of attention. It was a chance for parents and siblings to meet.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hosted our own! sooo much easier. and this way we ensured it went exactly as we wanted. we rented a room at a bar
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't really have an engagement party. The most we did was take everyone that agreed to be in our wedding party up to my fiance's parents' cottage for a weekend of fun? Other than that we had our stag and doe and that was it.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance put together a surprise birthday supper for me (which was the same day he proposed) so that was kind of like our engagement party. But we are having a social this June that we are putting together.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have one! FH’s parents wanted to do a dinner as an engagement thing, but it never happened since it was impossible to get everyone together.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents hosted in there backyard! It was also their 30th anniversary party so we had a joint-party!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one Smiley sad Most of FH's family is in Calgary (etc) so we figured we would to an extended rehearsal dinner with both families invited to that, good chance for everyone to meet everyone else and such

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We never had one Smiley sad at the time we got engaged my family was not very excited or supportive.. I called the people I thought would want to know first hand like my parents and my grandparents and then I posted on Instagram later when the night was over. My dad was very excited and has loved my FH since day 1, but my mother and especially my grandmother both have mixed feelings about him since "they don't really know him well.. "(I hardly see my family so its tough to get to know someone).. and he's in the military and also because he's from Chili originally even though he was raised in Canada.. SOOO I didn't feel comfortable asking everyone to join us and celebrate our love.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom hosted an engagement party for us with my family in June. It was a good chance for my fiance to meet some more of my extended family as there were some aunts, uncles, and cousins that he hadn't gotten the chance to meet yet.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future MIL decided to plan one for us Smiley smile We were going to skip the party thing but she was just SO excited about it and who doesn't want a party thrown for them? My mom will help here and there but she is in another province. Party will be in June, six months after engagement but was the easiest to get everyone together and have an outdoor picnic themed party! Should be really nice Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't actually have one, but the day we got engaged we went back to his house and by the time it got dark basically everyone we would have invited to a party was at the house and ready to celebrate. We played music and drank, and then went out to a little dive diner around 1 am and all of our friends toasted to our engagement, so it was very close to what I would have wanted from an engagement party anyway Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never had one :/

We were going to but so many things kept coming up unfortunately. Got engaged Dec. 30th 2017, waited about 2 weeks in order for my FH to ask my Dad for permission (he insisted - and I was the one who proposed), then it was a matter of when we would be okay to all meet up because my Dad is on LT disabilities (ATV accident), my Mom and his Dad work Mon-Fri, and his Mom and Step-Dad both do shift-work.... so.... we skipped it. The eventually all met maybe 8 months later at my birthday though!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom and my sister (MOH) will be hosting!

Its going to be next April a few months before the wedding!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We never had an engagement party. We got engaged in Cuba the first full day we were there, so the whole week was basically a party.

My parents are also retired and living in Florida from December - April so we just had dinner with them when they got home.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our engagement party already and my parents hosted it at their place! We had it last August

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics