Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantel
Newbie December 2023 Ontario

Engagement party thank you gifts

Chantel, on July 26, 2022 at 12:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Hi everyone! I am currently thinking of a tiny thank you gift for the guests attending our engagement party in October. I have seen a lot that guests don't actually take the gift so to make/buy less but this feels strange to me. Just wondering if we are expecting a 100 people how many we should have?
Thank you!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 26, 2022 at 15:19
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love that and it's perfect and who doesn't need mints by the end of the night.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad to help!!
  • Chantel
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought of putting our engagement date! That would be really cute. I keep just thinking how we don't have a wedding date set so we won't use a date for anything but I love that idea. Thanks!
  • Chantel
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea! We were thinking of doing tic tacs that say "mint to be" on the front and a thank you message on the back because I love a good pun. Definitely editable and if there are left overs my fiancé and I love mints Smiley smile
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same, I've been seeing a lot online that it's a waste of money but they changed it to something they can eat or something to snack on later. I thought that was a great idea and I've decided thank you cookies. My friend bought 3 little sample chocolates and another had a late night snack bar as their favor with take home bags.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think cookies with your engagement date could be cute! And if any are left, extra cookies for you!
  • Chantel
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a great point! When we thank everyone for coming we can remind them to take one. Great idea! Thanks Smiley smile
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think when it comes to online suggestions of favors, its mostly focus on the actual wedding, and in those cases, yes alot of people dont often take them. But with a shower, usually everyone leaves around the same times so you can easily "remind" them to grab there gift. I even know at a baby shower I went to recently, they made sure we grabbed our thank you gift as we left.

I do agree with Hank on what type of favors go over well tho.

• Chantel
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree! Just keep seeing online this advice to not buy as many and it felt so weird to me that you would get less expecting people not to take them. We are thinking of doing something edible and not with our date on them (as we don't have one yet). Great advice all around thank you!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If people wanted to save money, they can opt not to give favours, which is totally fine. But if they are offering, it will make the host look cheap and petty if not everyone has the ability to take one.

The favours that get left behind are usually trinkets with no real use to them. No one wants someone else's names and wedding dates on their stuff. Anything that's edible is usually a crowd pleaser.

• Chantel
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, that's how I felt too. It felt weird to buy less thinking people won't take them! Just kept seeing to not "waste my money" because not everyone will take one.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're doing favours, you need to have one for everyone even if there's a chance someone will leave it. What if they don't leave it and the guests realize not everyone gets one? It's really an all or nothing situation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics