Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
VIP May 2018 Ontario

Engagement party ideas

Lisa, on January 16, 2017 at 21:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
Hello Brides!!
FH and I have decided to have an Engagement Party instead of a Jack N Jill.
We have a really small bridal party and we don't want to leave all the responsibility on my MOH.
Have to start planning the party soon and would love some input! Any good ideas!?
Right now we are tossing the idea of doing it in my mom's backyard and catering a lunch. But I want to throw in some interesting elements.
Appreciate the help! Thanks!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kathryna_Wal, on October 23, 2019 at 13:56
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is super cute. It's like a joke no one will get, but will be so fun for you!!! Glad you like it!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valerie you are a gem!!! Love this idea, I have champagne and blushes in my wedding colours so I can incorporate that as an interlude to the wedding! Love love love!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just saw this article about a champagne engagement party http://frogprincepaperie.com/champagne-bar-engagement-party/... looks awesome and delicious!!!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds great plus you can add variety to it as you go along!Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I was thinking of a BBQ! Maybe I'll just keep it simple! Time with family and friends and a great meal! I'll have to think of party favours as well.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you. For a backyard party, maybe a BBQ or picnic style meal.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure! I'm not really a "themey" person ! Haha I don't think that's even a word. That's why I'm asking around for ideas. Wedding ideas come to me so easily. This party not so much
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the backyard party and are looking to have a theme?
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Backyard party sounds so fun!!! I love those types of events, so relaxing and casual and able to move and mingle. I'll come back in the morning with some ideas. Are you looking for ideas for games or decorations or theme? What are you both into?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks!!!! Hopefully I'll keep brainstorming!
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Backyard party would be awesome! Party games, casual and fun music. I would totally do this of I were having an engagement party. I'd also probably get a keg!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no! You have a cold too! So does my FH! It's going around! Don't think I want games. Although I was thinking about a retro games table with board games. Not sure on a theme either. I just got as far as backyard BBQ. Just don't want to do it in a hall again because thata where we are having a wedding. I want it to be a different atmosphere but that's all I got really!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like a backyard party idea! Maybe it's just who I am, but those sorts for parties are so great Smiley smile
    What kind of interesting elements are you thinking? A theme? Or are you games people? I'm trying to get a brainstorm going but it's late and cold meds are cramping my creativity

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics