Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

Engagement party excitement!

Emily, on September 12, 2019 at 21:29 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
My sister is starting to talk about planning an engagement party for my FH and me and it’s getting me really excited for the wedding!! So far I’ve mostly been doing the dreaming and planning on my own but now it’s like it’s real because others are getting involved 😁💕

Did you have an engagement party? How did it go?! 🎊🎊

Engagement party excitement! 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 16, 2019 at 15:33
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didnt have one as we have been living together for years but this is great its soo much fun!!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so nice how you're getting pumped for your wedding! The engagement party is a great way to kick off the festivities of the wedding to be!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely Smiley smile
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh love that!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVED my engagement party!! we planned it ourselves and it was so much fun! highly recommend
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not having an engagement party. However, I can see how that would make you feel like things are really rolling now!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an "official" engagement party August of 2018. End of July was my parents 30th anniversary so we combined both parties into one. The guest list was all my side because of my parent's 30th and FH's dad had a health emergency and couldn't make it last minute.

In May of 2018, FH's family threw us an unofficial engagement party - FH hadn't seen a lot of his family since getting engaged so it was a bit of a spontaneous party lol. We live in Thunder Bay and his family is in Leamington, so we were flying in to visit, not knowing a lot of his family would be there.

Both weren't over the top, planned out - backyard gatherings with lots of BBQ, booze and family/friends!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so great! I'm glad you have a supportive partner. That is the most important thing. It's easy to get caught up in it and get stressed. But this is a happy time and hopefully will only happen once for you. So enjoy the ride.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that sounds lovely! I told my sister to keep it simple because I don’t want her breaking the bank especially with all the other wedding stuff to come haha 😆
    She’s my maid of honour and definitely deserves the title 💕

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is truly great advice Katelyn!! I kind of got caught up in it and getting stressed right off the bat but luckily I know (from years of therapy LOL) how to recenter myself and enjoy the ride but it’s so easy to get stuck in the stress!! My FH is really supportive too which helps Smiley smile
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one threw us an engagement party but we did have a bridal shower and threw our own jack and jill and also FH threw us a jack and jill and it was quite lovely. It's really exciting to have people involved and celebrating you. Enjoy your time leading up to the wedding and your time with loved ones because it goes so freaking fast your head spins. Just remember that being engaged should be just as fun as actually getting married, don't stress just enjoy. I feel like I forgot that being engaged was supposed to be fun at some point and didn't really have enough time to enjoy it. Our first jack and jill pretty much no one came and I spent the whole day panicking because we put $1500 into it. At the end of the day our family pitched in and we recouped our losses. And now the wedding is nearly paid for. I wish I had taken the time to really enjoy the day.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily!

We did have an engagement party . Our moms decided to plan and throw us one and it was the best. It was really casual, picnic themed and in a park with delicious food, lawn games and our closest family and friends. Its such a nice feeling to be showered with love from everyone.

So wonderful your sister is planning one for you. I hope its a great day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics