Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2023 Ontario

Engagement Party and photos during Covid for wedding in July 2023

Kayla, on May 25, 2021 at 22:35 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Hello Future Brides!

I am currently planning for a July 2023 wedding and curious to know when others are planning to schedule the engagement photo session? Is fall 2021 to early? Spring 2022?
Also curious to know if any recently engaged brides in Ontario is planning an engagement party this summer? Or waiting until everyone is vaccinated and restrictions get lifted? We are excited to celebrate with family and friends but not sure if it’s too early to plan since we still have lots of time before the wedding. Decisions decisions! Happy Planning!! Smiley smile

11 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 3, 2021 at 22:47
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we’re hoping for end of August beginning of September! We will have to wait and see what happens as the government reopens Ontario! I think September will be better as vaccines roll out they predict everyone should be able to get second doses before school starts. So I’m super hopeful about it! But it will be 100% an outdoor event so we have good ventilation, and space to spread out!

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats Amanda! Thanks for the input that definitely helps. We were thinking the same thing just a casual bbq dinner with family and friends. Do you think you will plan it for end of this summer/early fall? We were hoping to schedule it for that time but all dependent on status of reopening plan. It’s tough to plan anything with so many u knows at this time.
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there!
    I’m a 2022 bride and we got engaged in Feb this year! We are struggling with this because we’ve recieved so many emails,phone calls and texts asking to celebrate with us.
    We’ve decided we want to do something but we are going to wait until the restrictions are reduced and we feel covid numbers are going down. Even then we discussed a socially distant bbq where people can keep their distance from each other if they want to. As for photos, we had photos done right after he proposed, he wanted to catch the whole propoal on camera and managed to still surprise me! I think you will be okay, some photographers will not shoot right now, but most will!
  • K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Brittany! This definitely helps! We are hoping to schedule a casual backyard engagement party in the fall. That is good to know about the turn around time for photos. I figure that once things reopen up again, a lot of vendors will be busy with the back log. I agree, the earlier the better! Less stress down the road.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is true, my photographer told me it would be 6-8 weeks, especially since I am booking in high season for weddings so she is going to be super busy.

I also don't mind, she is amazing and if she is busy and needs to take time to get the photos to me I am 100% okay with that.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depending on your photographer you might get them a lot sooner then that. My fiance and I got ours within 2 weeks of having our engagement photos done. Since your not getting hundreds and hundreds of photos like your wedding, the turn around to see your photos shouldn't be a long wait Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

Fellow 2023 bride here, I am getting my engagement photos done this year. I actually had a date but my fiancé being military is actually leaving so we had to post pone but still getting them this fall most likely or late summer. The engagement party we are having this summer on July 31st. My father is moving and I would like to have him at least here for that and for him to make the actual wedding, so if he can at least be apart of this, I am okay with it.

I also like to take in account that when you get photos done, we usually don't see them right away, it is usually 6-8 weeks of editing and getting the album together before they send off the photos. So although I am getting the photos done in September/August, I will not see them until at least late October.

Hopefully this helps! There is nothing wrong with starting things a bit earlier than usual, its easier to get things out of the way before the last 8 months before the wedding where things start to get really busy.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Engagement photos can be done at any time during whatever season and month you want them to be taken at. If you're worried about social distancing, you don't need to worry. Your photographer will be more then 6 feet from the 2 of you at all times. Even when my fiance and I got ours done back in 2019, she was never really that close to us the hour that we were with her.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you plan for your engagement photos to be the typical nature backdrop, then you can pretty much go ahead whenever. But if you wanted to explore more choices, especially in urban areas, then I would wait until this whole thing blows over. For our engagement photos, we wanted some shots inside a farmer's market but that wasn't possible throughout the entire pandemic.

As for an engagement party, I think it'll depend on what it entails and how it's different from your other events like the shower or jack and jill/stag and doe if you plan on having those.

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Christina! I definitely agree with the fall season because there’s lots of colours to work with Smiley smile In regards to the vaccination, we were thinking most people may feel the same way. Fall would be best case scenario otherwise we were thinking spring 2022 . However not sure if spring 2022 would be considered late? By that time it would be a full year into the engagement. It all depends on how quickly it gets back to the “new normal” as I call it Lol
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photo sessions are pretty covid friendly as long (as there are no restrictions against them in your area). You'll most likely be outside and your photographer will be several feet or more away from you 90% of the time. So you should schedule it in whatever month you want! I personally really like autumn colours and clothing so we did ours then. Also a plus because it isn't too hot and you aren't uncomfortably sweating buckets during the session haha. Since you have so much time before your wedding you have the pick of all seasons though!

We're already married but I'm not planning to host/attend any large parties until I'm fully vaccinated and whoever else would be attending is as well. I think if you planned something for the fall there would be a good chance you could go ahead with it and have it feel somewhat normal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics