Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vinod
Top August 2017 Ontario

Engagement Party and/or Rehearsal Dinner Host

Vinod, on June 28, 2021 at 19:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Who is hosting the Engagement Party if you plan to have one. The same host will do the same for the Rehearsal Dinner before the wedding day?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on July 2, 2021 at 14:51
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are hoping for August/September of this year so we can do something outside! Just depends if the rules have changed by then (hoping so!)

• K
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats! My fiancé and I are also in the same boat. Purchased our house and got engaged during the pandemic. We will be having a housewarming/engagement party hopefully in September. Will you be planning for this year or next year for the engagement party?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These days, engagement parties are not as much as it was before the pandemic. I know my eldest brother had an engagement party held by the girls family in Jamaica. Since then, non of the cousins neither myself seem to have one as its just a celebration of love being the same as the pre events for the wedding. For most I see why you don't feel its important though something small is nice with just family and close friends at home is enough. Others who are having their in laws/parents host it for you is nice of a gift from them to you and your other half. My dad did pay for the Welcome Dinner (same as Rehearsal dinner) without the speeches and extras. Just the family and friends/wedding party present the evening before the wedding. It was really appreciated though the in laws could have stepped up to pay half as being family. Then again, they are Canadians which I do understand and don't do the same gesture as we do in the sense. They are loving and caring for sure.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Except for my sister I've never been to an engagement party. I didn't realize they were even a thing. We didn't have one. We didn't feel the need for all the pre-party parties. Until the FH was questioning about doing a rehearsal to ease the nerves I hadn't really thought of doing a rehearsal dinner. Even with that only the few people in the wedding will be invited we will host the dinner ourselves.
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My in laws were wanting to host our engagement party but I want to do it in our backyard as we bought our house during COVID and have been unable to have anyone over for any type of housewarming party. So once things open up here in Ontario that's our plan! But I think my in laws will host the rehearsal dinner.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have an engagement party. I haven't planned who will host our rehearsal yet. I am hoping to do a rehearsal brunch instead of dinner and I am planning on talking to my future mother in law about her hosting it
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an engagement party. My fiance and I didn't see the need for one.

Rehearsal dinner will be hosted by my MIL at the winery Estate House that is located on the property

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do either. We never planned to have an engagement party and we likely also wouldn’t have done a rehearsal but never even had the option due to covid. It’s possible we may have had a small dinner the night before the wedding with our families but I imagine it would have been very laid back.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No engagement party either... Our rehearsal meal was our out of town dinner as well and my parents shared the cost of it with my husband and I. Originally this was because ALL of their guests were from 5-6 hours away, but due to covid sadly none could make it so dinner was mostly my husband's side but anyway🤦🏻‍♀️. My parents still believed this was the right thing to do (to host everyone staying at the hotel the night before - we agree) and so they wouldn't let us cover the full cost.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have an engagement party but we as a couple will be hosting the rehearsal meal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics