Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madison
Newbie April 2025 Ontario

Engagement Party

Madison, on August 26, 2022 at 13:44 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

What time of day do people host their engagement parties? My fiancè and I are hosting ours at my dad's house as most people invited live in my hometown. I've never been to an engagement party so I have no clue what time they start. I looked up online what you do at engagement parties but we don't really want to play a bunch of games as we will be doing that at our stag and doe/ bachelors and bachelorette party. Any ideas?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 8, 2022 at 13:20
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2024 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When my friend did hers people started coming around one in the afternoon and then a lot of us didn't leave until midnight! The afternoon was more for their families and others who wanted to stop by/invited. Then around seven it was the bridal party and the rest of our friend group, the guys fired up the grill and we ate and drank and had a lot of laughs. It just all depends on what you and FH want.

• Renae
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Renae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently had my Egmt Party and we did 12-9 as we had a bunch of people coming from out of town and wanted to give them a full day to enjoy. Ours included games though so if you're not, then a shorter time period makes sense. It depends on what type of party you're having - canapés and champagne? Maybe an after dinner time event. Mimosas and fancy waffles? Sounds like a brunch party. The type of party you have will determine what time of day you should have it!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had hers at 12 noon and it lasted until 6:00. So happy she had a buffet style meal.

But it all depends on you and the FH if you want late night fun or day time luncheon.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really it can be done anytime but most common (i find) is dinner Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics