Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

True
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Engagement Party

True, on July 18, 2018 at 21:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
So I would input from others. We are having our engagement party soon, informal, but I want to know; what to people do at engagement parties? Like what should I be sure to have? As it gets closer, I get more panicked haha

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on July 25, 2018 at 06:09
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a very casual backyard drinks and appetisers kind of party. we are going to have some games, take a few photos, and essentially we are hoping that both sides of the bridal party can meet and the families, as we will all be spending a bunch of time together.

I think we may have a photo board of what brought us to this place, kind of like an "our journey" thing. and

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are hosting and organizing it then I would do whatever you want. If someone is throwing you a party then see if you can give some input and just roll with what comes.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also had a bride to be wine glass for me and a Groom to be beer coozie for my future Husband ♥️
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Parents thru our wonderful Engagement party at my Parents house with 1 of my Matron of Honours. The house was filled with elegant decorations, tool up the stair case. Our invites came from vistaprint & the invites matched the ring sparkle theme. Lots of food, wine & beer. Most importantly all of our closest Family & Friends. Even tho we hadn't choose our Wedding party yet, they were all there. My FMIL made guest favors with our names and engagement date. My Mom bought these large diamond rings that lit up so all the Ladies had a sparkly ring too. My Dad, FFIL Fiance and I all said a little speech. It was incredible. Having our Friend photograph the Evening was priceless. Cherished Memory!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one as it just seemed to be an extra cost we didn't need!

However! One of our couple-friends got engaged around the same time so a bunch of friends just went out to dinner to celebrate something simple! It was great! Nice dinner out instead of an actual event was perfect for us!

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just had my engagement party 2 weeks ago. My parents hosted it in our backyard with about 50 people. We had music, food, drinks, I made a little photobooth area with a frame to take pictures with which was great. We also have a pool so a bunch of the kids and “young adults” ended up in the pool. It’s honestly like a big family celebration, you don’t need anything over the top.

Engagement Party 1
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a bbq outside on the farm. Depends what you want to do? Outdoors we needed tables and chairs. I think as long as you have food and seating you’re good to go! Everyone brought their own beer/alcohol, we supplied the food, some non alcoholic refreshments and wine. A little decor and a cute outfit is nice too Smiley smile
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s whatever you want it to be, so no need to panic. We are having our engagement party next month. We are going to have a bbq and it’s a potluck so whatever anyone else wants to bring and we will provide hot dogs and hamburgers. We are going to be having a bunch of fun games and money. We are having our engagement party sort of like the stag and does everyone talks about but not charging money for tickets. Any money we make will cover for the wedding party’s expensive. We feel it will help out them since they are putting in their own money and time into helping make our day special.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on how small or big the engagement party is, base what you need and how much.

Plan out your budget and venue chosen or backyard bbq rental costs. Go forward from there.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s usually just a big get together where you can celebrate the engagement and have the two families meet if they haven’t already. At least that’s my experience with them. So I would suggest have some good snacks and drinks and maybe a good Spotify playlist for background music.

In other areas they are basically a big pre-wedding reception (dinner, drinks, DJ, gifts, dance and everything).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics