Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacinta
Beginner January 2019 British Columbia

Engagement party

Jacinta, on January 10, 2018 at 15:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

we are having our engagement party for 42 people at a restaurant in white Rock. People are buying their own dinner for a set menu but I'm wondering what we should do to say thank you for attending. Perhaps bottles of wine for the table? Do people give favours at engagement parties?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jacinta, on January 15, 2018 at 13:49
  • Jacinta
    Beginner January 2019 British Columbia
    Jacinta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone! Your collective advice was very helpful.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would provide wine or pitchers of beer for the party so guests aren't paying for alcohol. As far as favours go, its a nice gesture, but not necessary for an engagement party, especially if you aren't asking for gifts (we made sure everyone knew not to bring gits to ours..we just wanted to get everyone together to meet and mingle and celebrate the engagement).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Engagement party is not required to give any facours. Its a pre celebration for you and your hubby
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend for her engagement paid $5 of everyone’s bill and bought sone wine/beer pitchers for the dinner. The restaurant even put the $5 payment on the receipt as a “thanks for coming credit” it was super nice
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our engagement party at my fiancé’s dads house and we provided a few finger foods and wine/ alcohol but I wouldn’t really consider it a ‘thankyou’.

I would think if you buy a bottle of wine for the table people would appreciate it but I doubt anyone would expect it, they’re just going to be happy to be there celebrating with you guys!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics