Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Elora Mill

Amanda, on July 12, 2018 at 12:58 Posted in Ontario 0 25
Is anyone here getting married at Elora Mill?

25 Comments

Latest activity by DrB, on May 3, 2019 at 20:34
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I used patti’s floral boutique in Guelph-we had two bouquets, three bouts, a couple arrangements for the ceremony, one for the gift table and had loose greenery on the tables and it came to about $1300.
  • Stacey
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know this is an old post, but may I ask about the florists that you all used? We have a small floral budget so I'm looking for pieces that can double as both ceremony and reception decor. The local florists I found online look like they cater to budgets over 3k. I'm mostly looking for an arrangement or garland to go along the mantle in the foundry that can double as a head table arrangement, a bouquet and boutonniere, and maybe some light table arrangements. Can anyone share how they decorated the space?
  • Jennifer
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting in the Irvine Room October 3 2020
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married at Elora Mill on Friday September 13th, 2019 and will be having the reception in the Irvine room. As for hotels, everyone is staying at Elora Mill Thursday night and then some of the party will be heading to Best Western Fergus Friday night.

Our colour theme is burgundy (more of a dark merlot colour), dusty rose, grey and gold accents. Smiley smile

• Ally
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married at the Elora Mill, June 2020. Irvine room as well. For hotel, girls are getting ready in my room at the Mill, guys are getting ready at the other hotel (Best Western Fergus) - There's 9 of them including my FH so there is no way they would have fit in a room at the Mill anyways. Can't wait to hear about other people's experiences! So far, everything has been great. Everyone is so attentive and the service has been excellent. Yes, it's not the cheapest venue but I think the level of service you get is worth every penny.

• Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great! Thanks Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://www.fancythatcake.ca/

shes amazing!
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very nice!! Who is the vendor?

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh a winter wedding how beautiful. If you need any vendors let me know. My cake lady is just down the street from there and is very reasonable. She doesn’t charge for delivery either. She is doing something like that for like 350.

Elora Mill 1
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!! It is very beautiful!! I'm getting married on March 2.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations. So beautiful isn’t it? When are you getting married?

I was told the neutral colours, ivory, peach, dusty pink, dusty blue, dusty purple. You don’t need much decor because the venue speaks for itself. We are keeping all linens white and the flowers will bring in the colours Smiley winking. Hope that helps.
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married there too! I would love to see pics of how others decorated and chosen colours!!

• DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ivory and navy. Other weddings I’ve seen there have been heavy on blush and rose gold.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi ya!
    Quick question for you. What colours did you go with for the wedding? I am heading out dress shopping in a few weeks and I want to know what colour dresses to get for the BM.
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went to the open house on June 14. It was super nice.

just FYI-we booked a normal room the night before and were upgraded to a solarium suite for the night before and the night of our wedding. They have shuttle busses to take the bridal party out on the “photo trail” (we went to Victoria park) and then they dropped us off at the Foundry about a half hour before the ceremony, where I hung out with my MOH in a small bridal room. My dress got a bit dirty because we did our photos before the ceremony and I was dragging it through the park, but you really couldn’t tell (and it didn’t bother me anyway)

Because the bridge isn’t completed, they used small shuttle busses to bring our guests across the bridge to the Granary after the ceremony. No one had to walk, though some did because it was a nice day.

In hindsight, If you want two rooms to get ready in, you need to book them for the night of the wedding as well because checkout times are way earlier than your ceremony will be- I assume you’re at 5 pm. I didn’t think of that ahead of time, but luckily our best man was staying there the night of. Boys got ready in the coach house, girls in our suite.

You’re going to be so happy with them. Seriously- they were amazing. Jenn was our concierge and she was great. Good luck Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wait you went to an open house? The one scheduled on June 14? We are going this Friday.
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ask them to take you in to see a room- they are tighter than you would expect based on the pictures. They brought us in the coach house at their opening party and it was a tight squeeze. You might be better off to get a room elsewhere and see if you can have an earlier shuttle pick up.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey ya! Thanks for the info. So the bridge isn’t built yet ?!? Wow I hope it’s in before next year I don’t want my dress getting dirty before the start of the wedding. I have booked rooms in hotels they suggested and we will be getting a shuttle as well. I heard the golf carts were for anyone who didn’t want to walk 🤣 and the wedding party etc. I have 4 girls and myself to get ready plus my 2 boys. Already starting to go 😜
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also I agree that the rooms are crazy expensive. I have no desire to stay in anything fancier than the normal room, and certainly would not pay for the James Ross house. If you’re not local, you could consider staying in Fergus or Guelph, but then you’re on the hook for transportation. We paid $870 for a 24 passenger shuttle for our guests because there’s not much that’s local
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They have shuttle service (golf carts, I think)- they told us that the concierge assigned to us for the day will come and get us (me, MOH, dad) just before the start of the ceremony. I wasn’t paying attention when she talked about how the guys would get over there, but it won’t kill them to walk from the hotel.

We will probably walk across the bridge (not the Victoria st pedestrian bridge because it isn’t built yet- the metcalfe st bridge) to get back to the reception. We don’t have a ton of people to coordinate and I don’t have to wrangle bridesmaids, so it should be pretty easy.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also booked the Irvine room last year. But yes rooms are almost 500 a night. I think it’s a little ridiculous at the cost of staying and for the big house the James or something one it’s like 1900 for the 2 nights. I am still debating on what to do and where to stay.
    How are you getting from room to ceremony and to reception?
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should also note that we’re local, so my family will mostly be at our house in the morning, and the in laws will be at a local B&B. Makes it a lot easier.
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re in the Irvine room.
    we don’t have much of a bridal party (maid of honour and best man only)- so we booked 3 rooms the night before- my future MIL, mom and my MOH will get ready in one room, and the guys will get ready in one of the other rooms. We’re staying the night of the wedding as well, so we won’t need to check out. They do not offer a place to get ready as part of the package- but when we booked (long before it was ready) there was an off-season package that may have included a bridal suite, I’m not sure if they will still offer that now that they’re open.

Rooms are running us about 400 a piece right now, not sure what they are night of because we only prepaid for the night before.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t seen the venue yet. Going Friday this week at their open house. Can I ask what you have chosen to do to get ready for the wedding??? Where will you be staying etc?

also how did your wedding party and groom go about getting ready?

I am stressing over how our our wedding party will be getting ready.

Are you getting grand room or the Irvine room?
  • DrB
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married there in 3 weeks. They’ve been an absolute pleasure to deal with through the whole process. It’s expensive, but so far it has been worth every penny

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics