Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2023 Alberta

Eloping!

Stephanie, on August 9, 2022 at 12:33 Posted in Alberta 0 9
We have decided to elope. It will be us and 2 witnesses (if we cannot use the officiant and photographer as our witnesses). Suggestions on great places to go, officiant to use, and photographer. We are super flexible on dates/times as long as it is October 2022 and on. We live in Calgary

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 16, 2022 at 20:57
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I am trying to get in touch with them to set something up.
  • Amber
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can always look up shotgun weddings alberta. They do elopements that include the venue (usually in the mountains), the officiant, and the photographer all wrapped in for one price. They will also provide witnesses if needed.
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem! It’s very useful when searching for vendors!! Then you get to look through their work as well!

Another great photographer 😄https://www.instagram.com/z0esnooksphotography/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Never thought to check Instagram.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Elopement spots
    Lake Louise, lake morraine, Banff ice fields parkway

If you put into Instagram #elopealberta a bunch of photos will come up with location at the top and photographers work so you can see what you like and it can even help you find a photographer. If you end up finding a photographer that you like they can give you suggestions on places to go and even officiants they have worked with
  • A
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I am a member of that facebook group so Ill take a look. Didnt think the officiant could be a witness so we will plan accordingly.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie and congrats!

You'll want to confirm with your officiant but Im 99% sure they cannot be a witness.

As for where to elope, Alberta does have alot of great places, just keep in mind if it is within a National Park I believe there is an extra fee (again your officiant will know more)

So locations are really dependent on what you want. Banff is great for photos, but above mentioned may cause an issue. Or you could just pick a nice park in the city like Glenmore, ect.

I highly recommend joining this group and posting what you are looking for there, as I know ALOT of officiant are booked up (one thing we struggled finding for our specific date) but if you note when you are hoping to elope, they will come to you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/calgaryandalbertaweddingvendors/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics