Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Edible wedding favours - when to make?

Jenny, on July 28, 2022 at 13:41 Posted in DIY 0 4
Hi everyone! My wedding is in less than two months and I’m diying the favours. I’m doing s’mores bags, so they include Graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. I just got the Graham crackers (they were on sale and expire after my wedding date so yay!). I’m wondering when I should make them? I don’t want them to be stale but I don’t want to have to rush to make them at the last minute.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on August 3, 2022 at 08:03
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same for my favours and i'm waiting till a few days before to do them as i don't want to risk them going stale

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s what I thought but Google wasn’t helping me with this one 😂 looks like I’ll have to wait!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you seal your bags you can make them anytime. If you are just twisting them and attaching closer to the date, especially the marshmallows. The crackers might take the humidity from the chocolate and get soggy. so I would put parchment paper in between. Chocolate might turn white if not sealed properly.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this may not be ideal, but I would wait to as close to the date as possible, depending on WHAT they are being stored in. I find crackers gets stale so fast, and it would suck to have those for your wedding. I suppose you could have them mostly ready (chocolate & marshmallow) and then a few days before, add the crackers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics