Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

dyi table greenery

Kelly, on April 20, 2018 at 12:03 Posted in DIY 0 6

Guys HELP!!!

Where in Canada is there a good place to get bulk greenery? Has anybody ever done this before? I'm nervous because ... how do you know how much to buy?

I've looked at Costco, and they have greenery packs, but I just want 1 type, not 3 or 4. I'm looking specifically for Italian Ruscus (trying to mimic the look or a greenery garland without actually doing a greenery garland). Our venue has beautiful long wooden tables. We just want some delicate greenery from end to end. Easy peasy.

We got our quote from the florist, and we could save almost $700 if we DYI'd this. Seriously....why wouldn't we? We wouldn't have to pay for delivery and set up and all she'd be doing is laying the stems down the tables.

We definitely want real and not fake. Please send me your suggestions and experiences!!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kay, on April 27, 2018 at 12:47
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am looking for greenery for our tables too. I've looked at fresh greenery, and faux greenery. It looks like faux rented is MUCH more cost effective. At least in my area it is. I think a lot of greenery can look very real, if you just take the opportunity to search for what you want. I find for the price of live greenery, I just can't justify the price.

But, I have heard costco is the place to go for DIY flowers. Smiley smile Good luck!

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was looking at them yesterday! Definitely considering!! Our venue is having an open house at the end of may and I was thinking of ordering some italian ruscus from them. Firstly to kinda do a trial run of their delivery and products, and also...since we're going to the venue, I want to see how many branches I'll need per table and get a feel for the look.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A couple of reasons. I'm not opposed to it in certain places, but for centrepieces, we want real, just because it will be right in from of people and up close, fake greenery looks crappy. No matter how "good" it is, it still looks fake. Another reason is that we don't want to have to deal with them afterwards....like great.. now we have this greenery, and yeah I suppose we could sell it, but I don't really want to have to do that. Its also a more environmental choice.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any particular reason you don't want fake? Good quality silk flowers can still look really good. I'm getting all of my flowers/greenery from Alibaba.com and putting everything together myself. You can literally get anything and it still looks great!
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried bunches direct? They have a pretty good selection, but some items have minimum order requirements.

https://bunchesdirect.ca
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you met with any florists from Costco? I see some brides commenting that the online packages aren't quite what they need.... but I'm in a similar boat. Their wedding bouquet packages include boutonnieres and corsages, and I don't need them, but I do need an additional bridesmaid bouquet. I was going to contact them and ask if they can customize my order.

Perhaps they would be able to customize an order to have the one type of greenery you want?

If your timeline and schedule allows it, and you're willing to do it, DIY is almost always a more wallet friendly route... but remember, it can be very time consuming, and this would be right before your wedding, so it will be a busy time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics